Thursday, January 24, 2013

Potential Hosting Job?

On Tuesday night I headed up to Encino for a Hosting Meeting/Interview with a semi-new (at least to me) Company that has After Shows for pretty much every single TV show out there.  I wanted to skip traffic so I left early, found myself a Starbucks, got a Chai Tea, did some work and then headed to the Interview and was right on time!

There were a few other potential Hosts there as well because they only have these Interviews a few times a year.  We got the tour of the studios, screening rooms, kitchen (SCORE!) and the rest of the residential-turned business.  I was already excited!  Next, we watched a video that we were requested to take notes on, learning their format for the show, some rules, do's and don'ts and other procedures.  Next up we chatted with the main Producer and a Host and talked about our favorite shows, what we like to watch and talk about, and had any questions we had answered.  This solidified for me that I couldn't wait to be a part of this awesome community which seems like an incredible opportunity.

When I got home I e-mailed the Producer immediately and started filling out the paperwork and Test and at this point just need to send a 5 minute video of me Hosting/Talking about one of my favorite shows.  I would love to work with this talented group of people on a weekly basis and am hoping to film my Show sometime this weekend when I can find some free time, so I can send it in, keep my fingers crossed, and find out the final verdict.

As nerdy as it was, I had to take a picture of the manicure I gave myself yesterday before Karaoke ...pastels, sparkles, and even a heart!  And speaking of Karaoke last week's songs were 'Gold Dust Woman' by Fleetwood Mac which I opened with, then 'Jealousy' by Natalie Merchant which I haven't done in at least a year, and then 'What I Like About You' to get everyone dancing.  My new song of the night was 'Head Over Feet' by Alanis Morissette which was a super fun song to sing that I can't wait to do again!  Then I switched it up and did some R&B with En Vogue's 'Don't Let Go' and then 'Who Will Save Your Soul' by Jewel which is one of my favorites.  Everyone ended on a country vibe so I closed out the night with 'Any Man of Mine' and it was a very solid Karaoke night!

Till then...keep smiling and share some love with those around you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment