Friday, May 29, 2015

Dine LA Happy Hour Week

For the last week in April, Dine LA did a Happy Hour week with a bunch of bars and restaurants for a special Happy Hour menu that featured all sorts of different appetizers, entrees, and drinks at a discounted price.  I always love when Dine LA comes to town so this made me so excited because I love Happy Hour too!  Jamie and I were able to check out two different Happy Hours that week!

Salmon Ceviche at Corner Door for
Dine LA Happy Hour Week

We started our Happy Hour week experience at Corner Door which we also did for Dine LA back at the end of January.  We ordered a bunch of food, including the Avocado Toast with Burrata cheese, Salmon Ceviche with a pineapple salsa, French Fries 'Carbonade' which meant they were covered in braised beef, garlic ailoi, and cheese (so yummy and savory), and also the Spicy Pork Belly Sliders.  I'm not a huge Pork Belly fan but these were delicious.  The Avocado Toast and Ceviche were really light and fresh but the Ceviche really hit a home run with all the incredible flavors!  Our meal wasn't complete without the Sticky Toffee Pudding, reminiscent of one of my favorite restaurants, Waterloo & City, which is right down the street on Washington Blvd.

Later on that week we went to Bouchon in Beverly Hills.  Ashley and I had gone in March for dessert and drinks so I was really excited to get to try some of the food.  Their deal was incredible!  A glass of wine and an entree with a side for $20.  To get a steak from a Thomas Keller restaurant for $20 was mind-blowing.  Matt, our Bartender, took good care of us and on top of the Oysters we ordered, he sent out some King Snow Crab Legs which were fantastic.  My steak came perfectly prepared at medium rare and was so juicy and flavorful!  Unfortunately, we were rushing through Dinner because Bouchon was so busy we had to wait for over an hour to seat, and the kitchen was slammed, and I had to be at work, so we wrapped up our fries and dessert and had to eat everything else at Gabe's.  We got four different Macaroon's to try, all light and airy, and a great dessert to finish the meal.  Jamie had me try Cynar, which was actually really nice once she had her way with it, but I still prefer my Sambuca.
Ladies at Bouchon in Beverly Hills and the amazing King Snow Crab Legs!
Needless to say, we ate really well that week, and even though I've been to both of the restaurants this past year, I was able to explore more of their menu and try some new things.  I still need to get my tour of Bouchon's kitchen, and I'm looking forward to trying more off both menu's!  Jamie, let's go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment