Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Firefly for Dine LA

Once again it was my favorite food time of year just a couple weeks ago when Dine LA was happening from July 13th through the 26th!  I was able to check out three different restaurants in one week, on top of my busy work, rehearsal, and show schedule, but I found some new restaurants I can't wait go back to soon!

My first spot was Firefly in Studio City.  I had drinks there years ago and always planned on going back but just never made it in.  That is, until last Tuesday after I Hosted my 'Real Housewives of New York City' Aftershow at Afterbuzz TV.  I met up with my bestie, Mikey, that night at Firefly and he told me that it was the first restaurant he took a picture in and posted it on Facebook over 10 years ago!  In fact, we sat at the table right next to his photo spot.
My Courses for Dine LA at Firefly with my Bestie!

I was really torn between the Peach Salad and the Corn Soup but our waitress was quick to tell me the Salad was incredible and she certainly wasn't lying!  Butter lettuce, peaches, goat cheese, berries, avocado and more; it was a great size and I'd definitely order it again.  Mike got the Tuna Tartare and it was lovely as well.  Next up were our entrees, normally I would order the Ribeye Steak (which Mikey had decided upon, and that had great flavor) but I couldn't resist the House-Made Truffle & Ricotta Gnocchi.  I didn't know if I would be full when I initially saw it, but there were far more Gnocchi's than I could see due to the Truffle Foam aka Espuma on top of everything.  They were little bits of heaven and tasted delicious!  We closed out the meal with dessert.  Mikey got the Walnut Brownie with Stout Ice Cream and I ordered the Tropical Parfait which included pineapple and mango sorbet, papaya, and lime pearls.  I could have eaten it over and over it was so light and refreshing!

Needless to say, our three-course meal was $40 per person for the food and worth every penny!  The ambiance outside was great; there's a fireplace in the middle of the outdoor patio, and I loved the rustic feel of the whole place including the library lounge near the bar.  I will definitely be back to get Dinner again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment