Tuesday, September 6, 2016

August Karaoke!

It's been pretty quiet at Karaoke this past month except for one week in August.  I've been nursing a cold for nearly a month (don't you just hate that Summer cold that sticks around) so I was trying to take it easy and one week I didn't even sing to rest my voice.  I've felt much better in the past two weeks so I'm just keeping it low-key and getting back into the swing of things!

Bush - 'Comedown'
Whitney Houston - 'Saving All My Love'
Duffy - 'Mercy'
Pat Benatar 'Promises In The Dark'
Aladdin - 'A Whole New World'
Peabo Bryson & Celine Dion - 'Beauty & The Beast'

Stone Temple Pilots - 'Plush'
Red Hot Chili Peppers - 'Dani California'
Garbage - 'Special'
Roxette - 'It Must Have Been Love'
Tom Petty - 'You Got Lucky' 

Alanis Morissette - 'You Oughta Know'
Britney Spears - 'Lucky'
Tracy Chapman - 'Give Me One Reason'
Bon Jovi - 'You Give Love A Bad Name'
 
Fleetwood Mac - 'Say You Love Me'
The Spice Girls - 'Say You Will Be There'
Christina Aguilera & A Great Big World - 'Say Something'
Allison Krauss - 'When You Say Nothing At All'
Weezer - 'Say It Ain't So' 
Destiny's Child - 'Say My Name'

I can always count on Adam to sing
some awesome songs at Karaoke!

That first week I thought I better protect my voice but as I was singing my first song I realized I had the Phoebe voice from 'Friends' when she sounds "so sexy."  I didn't sound sexy but the cold had cleared my sinuses so I was able to hit all the high notes that my deviated septum keeps me from singing on a regular basis.  I had to sing some Whitney, so one of my new songs (I think it was new) was 'Saving All My Love' which went really well and also sang 'Beauty & The Beast' with Ace.  Just in case my Whitney had been sang before I sang that second new song of the night and we kept the Disney theme going!  I kept it a little alternative and 90's in that second week and my new song was 'Dani California' by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.  For the third week of singing it was really busy but Adam gave me a great suggestion to do 'Lucky' by Britney Spears, and it was actually a lot of fun!  The last week in August it was much more chill and I ended up setting a little challenge and theme for myself after singing two songs in a row that had 'say' in the title.  That Spice Girls song reminds me of my 8th Grade Graduation when a bunch of us got on stage at the reception and I sang Sporty Spice's part.  It's actually a really nice memory.  I also realized that a year ago on that Wednesday I had posted on Facebook about starting college years earlier and my Mom had left a comment on it talking about the one time I told her to turn around and come back to spend another night with me in Winona after I had been cheering (I was a College Cheerleader) at a Basketball Game.  I got a little sentimental so I sang 'When You Say Nothing At All' which Mom had suggested I sing for a Cabaret my senior year in High School.  My new song was Weezer's 'Say It Ain't So' and I was able to keep my 'say' theme going all night long!  

I'm looking forward to school being back in session and hopefully Karaoke will pick up too!  Plus, I think it's time for another theme night.  I've got a new theater production opening this weekend and another one in a couple weeks so I'll do some prep for that too and get some of the cast members in to sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment