Thursday, November 10, 2016

October Karaoke

While October was a really productive month it was far less productive for me, Karaoke-wise.  I took a couple weeks off to deal with a sore throat and vocal rest since I was still doing Thenardier's Inn and wanted to keep my voice strong for that.  This gave everyone else more opportunities to sing and that always makes for happy singers!  We did not have a Halloween Karaoke Theme this year since Halloween fell on a Monday, although we've got a great group costume already in mind for next year :)

Gretchen Wilson - 'Here For The Party'
Amy Winehouse - 'You Know I'm No Good' 
Pat Benatar - 'Heart Breaker'
Alanis Morissette - 'You Learn'
Melissa Etheridge - 'I'm The Only One'
Sir Mix-A-Lot - 'Baby Got Back'
En Vogue - 'Shoop'
Britney Spears - 'Hit Me Baby One More Time'

Fleetwood Mac - 'Dreams'
Toto - 'Hold The Line'
Journey - 'Separate Ways' 
The Temptations - 'My Girl'

The first week of Karaoke was Ashley's last night in LA so we had a lot of people visiting and celebrating!  Plus, Ashley, Carolyn and I had a couple group songs including our go-to, 'Baby Got Back' and 'Shoop!'  My new song of the night was 'You Learn' by Alanis Morissette and I can't wait to sing that one again.  I also had to sing Pat Benatar's 'Heartbreaker' by Ashley's request.  Overall, it was a really fun night with everyone!  The next week we were celebrating Carolyn's Birthday and we were packed with Karaoke singers.  That was also the last day I drank that month...I had one Campari Press and haven't drank since.  More on that below!  I didn't do a whole lot of singing for Carolyn's Birthday but I did dedicate my new song of the night to her by doing 'My Girl' by The Temptations, another song I will definitely sing again.
Two of my longest LA friends <3
I've done 29 days of no alcohol and going for a full month-long break or more to reset and get some clarity!  It's actually been so much easier than I thought (even over Halloween weekend) and my creativity has been thriving.  I'm not sure if that's because I'm not drinking or I've just been inspired lately, but I'll take it either way.  I can already tell you that Karaoke is back to normal for November and my Dad will be in LA for Thanksgiving, so we'll have a fun Pre-Thanksgiving Karaoke celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment