Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Week with Family in LA!

Last week at this time my family and I were getting ready to go to Happy Hour at The Garage, get some yummy food, and have a cocktail or two before I Hosted Karaoke that night at Gabe's!  They just left yesterday but the week I spent with them was filled with plenty of activities, lots of work, and a super fun road trip to Carmel!

Karaoke was a lot of fun and my Dad even sang a couple songs with me so that was awesome.  My songs for the night were geared to my Mom and Dad so I opened with 'Because the Night' by the 10,000 Maniacs and sang 'Stop Dragging My Heart Around' with Marcus.  I remember the music video because my Mom had it on a VHS tape of videos she liked, so that was a fun song to sing for them!  Both Mom and Dad wanted to hear Def Leppard over me doing Journey, so I sang 'Bringing on the Heartbreak' and then switched it up to some Country doing 'Any Man of Mine.'  I was happy to hit all the high notes on 'Promises in the Dark' and then got a request from my family for Stevie Nick's 'Edge of 17' which I forgot had so many verses and was nearly 6 minutes long.  Would it ever end?  LOL!  Dad got a little liquid courage and asked if I would sing 'Help' with him, so we both sang that, and he also backed me up on my new song of the night which was 'I Want You to Want Me' by Cheap Trick, which had some fun and quick parts to it!  Linda Ronstadt is one of my parents favorite artists so I sang 'It's So Easy' and then closed out the night with Adele's 'To Make You Feel My Love.'

Famous Photo Recreated at the USS Iowa!
On Thursday, Mom and Dad helped me set up the bar at Irish Times and got to enjoy a fun beer tasting and later came by to have a traditional Irish Dinner of Fish & Chips and the Beef & Guinness Pie!  That night I got my parents to watch 'Les Miserables' and both of them could admit after watching 'Silver Linings Playbook' that the acting was outstanding in 'Les Mis' even though it wasn't their type of movie.  We made it a SAG Screener Weekend by watching 'Argo' on Friday before I had to leave for work too and I hadn't seen it yet, so that was cool!  Then on Saturday we drove down to Long Beach so Dad could see the USS Iowa, even though we wouldn't have time to go through the ship, he just wanted to see it, and it will be put on his To-Do List next time he's out for a visit.  They came into Bar Lubitsch with me on Saturday Night and Kristina met up with them as well, while they sampled some specialty cocktails and different whiskeys.  It was really fun for them to see all 4 of my jobs while they were here, and how different they all are.  I love taking care of them when they are in town!

I'm going to post a couple more blogs about their trip out here to LA so I can keep these short and exciting ;)  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment