Saturday, February 8, 2014

Superbowl Sunday!

All that preparation before the season even starts, then 14 weeks of intense regular-season football, play-off games, finally pays off when it's Superbowl time.  Although the Superbowl game this year wasn't all that exciting with a 43-8 score, Seahawks taking the win, it was a fun celebration with friends!

Kristina had a Superbowl Party this year at her place in Venice and she had all sorts of goodies and snacks, wings and beer, and even Skittles for Marshawn Lynch.  I decided to bring a Bloody Mary bar for anyone that was interested in having one of my specialty's as well as making Crock-Pot Lava Cake for the first time ever.  I used the Betty Crocker and Taste of Home websites as inspiration, starting with Devil's Food Cake Mix, Chocolate Pudding, Milk Chocolate Chips, and Mini-Marshmallows to make the tasty goodness.  I set it right before the Superbowl started and then let it go until after Half-Time and then everyone got to enjoy this perfect dessert!  It turned out awesome but pictures didn't even do it justice.


The game was rough to watch, thankfully I had a Bloody Mary on hand and it had all the fixin's like Horseradish, Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives, Celery, and my secret ingredients.  I never thought the Seahawks would pull out a win like that after the season the Bronco's had but my Wisconsin QB prevailed.  I wasn't rooting for one team either way, and aside from hoping that Wes Welker (my Fantasy Football WR for three years) would have a great game, I just wanted a good game in general.

Guarding Dessert till Half-Time :)
I did love the Half-time show but I'm a Bruno Mars fan and I loved his style of music.  It appealed to different age groups and audiences across the board.  I loved the dancing, all the musicians on-stage and Bruno sounded great!  It was cool that he had Red Hot Chili Peppers join him and that gave his performance more of a rock feel.  He's definitely been my favorite Half-time show over the past few years.  My only dislike about the show was that it wasn't long enough!

After the game we went down the street to Casablanca for celebratory Margarita's on Derrick since his team won for the first time in Franchise history on their second appearance.  Then we went back to Kristina's for a round of board games before everyone headed home after a long day of fun!  The Party was a success with lots of friends showing up to hang out and enjoy Football, as well as eat some yummy food.  I'm already planning my next Crock-Pot Lava Cake dessert ;)

*In case you're dying to try the Lava Cake recipe, which you should be because it was so amazing, check out the two links below :)
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-chocolate-lava-cake/4f08a6d7-da83-4aff-b2ee-611d19024f04

No comments:

Post a Comment