Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tapenade for Dine LA

I hit up another Dine LA spot on Friday, taking myself on a little Lunch date.  This time I checked out Tapenade which is located on Olympic & Sawtelle.  It was also a new restaurant and had a four course meal for $20!

My Appetizers...
Tapenade just opened a little over a year ago and serves Lunch and Dinner.  They also have a nice Happy Hour that serves full-size appetizers at half price in addition to a bunch of other great specials.  Apparently, their portions were so big for the first week of Dine LA that they changed their menu up a little.  I had picked that specific restaurant because of the menu and assured the Bartender/Manager that I would finish my meal and not throw anything away even saying to give me a smaller portion of the first appetizer.  He finally agreed but it took lots of prodding.

My meal started with the Italian-style Brussel Sprouts that had currants, pine nuts, Parmesan and vinegar.  It's a close tie with the Goat Cheese Brussel Sprouts at Freddy Smalls, because those are my favorite and these were just as good but just different.  I'll definitely go back in and try those again or the other Thai-style with mango and chili's.  Next up I did the Goat Cheese Tapenade that was served with Rosemary Bread.  I loved the goat cheese but I thought the olive tapenade was a little over-powering.  I had no problem finishing the sprouts but started to slow down after three pieces of bread and my entree hadn't even arrived!
Mushroom Fettuccine with Parmesan
I was actually chatting about food and dinner parties with a nice woman sitting just a couple bar-stools down from me and her daughter was involved in theater and music so it was nice to share insight and advice when she met up with her Mom right after my entree arrived.  I ordered the Mushroom Fettucine with chives and Parmesan.  Luckily, there wasn't a cream sauce or I think I would have fallen off my stool!  It was delicious and I loved the mushrooms but I was filling up quickly so I had them box the rest of my Lunch (only a third of my entree and one piece of the rosemary bread) so I could get to dessert.  The dessert I chose was a Chocolate Nutella Pot de Creme with a coffee cream and berries.  It was so yummy but I was so full.  I needed to finish though because I wanted to show the guy I could finish the meal but unfortunately, his shift ended early and I didn't get to prove my huge appetite.  Ah well.  So I didn't waste anything :)
Nutella Pot de Creme
Tapenade did a great job giving a wide variety of choices and providing me with a nice hearty meal.  I actually can't wait to go back and explore more of their menu.  Who's in?!

No comments:

Post a Comment