Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ohio State Wins the National Championship!

Being from Wisconsin I've always been a Packer Fan.  Ever since I could cheer the team on with Don 'Magic Man' Majkowski (he's the first Quarterback I remember) I've been doing it.  My Mom actually put my brother and I on the Packer's Season Ticket Waiting List when I was nine years old.  I'm still waiting for tickets and hoping that I'll get them in my lifetime!  Because we had the Packers to cheer for, I never really got into College Football.  If the Badgers were playing I would hope that they would win but I never had an affinity for it.
Watching the game at American Junkie with the boys, smiles with
some pretty girls, and celebrating at Underground after the game!

I've been living in LA for nine years and have cheered on the Buckeyes to more victories than any other team, thanks to my Ohio friend, Brad.  So when it was time for the NCAA Championship Game I was cheering for the Buckeyes, even though I had Oregon Ducks apparel.  American Junkie in Hermosa Beach is a Buckeye Bar so I went with Brad and a bunch of his friends to watch the game there.  It was packed with Ohio State fans and a few Ducks fans just to create some friendly competition.  And what a game it was?!

Cardale Jones was the third-string Quarterback, had only played a couple games but got Ohio State to the Bowl Game.  We were all hoping that Ohio State would win but Oregon was definitely favored for the game.  After seeing Ezekial Elliott get that first 33-yard Touchdown run I had a feeling the Buckeyes would come out on top.  Sure enough, Elliott got four Touchdowns in the game leading Ohio State to victory with a 42-20 score over the Ducks.
So much going on here...the stories that photos tell ;)
We were all in celebration mode after the game and hit up a few places in Hermosa Beach and had to end the night at POW's in Playa Del Rey for one last giant shot of Fireball.  It was a great Football game with fantastic people, new friends, and so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment