Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pourvino in Plymouth

While I was back home in Plymouth for Christmas my family and I decided to check out this new wine bar called Pourvino.  I'm so excited we have a place like this back home; if I was still living there it would definitely be my go-to spot.  I can't wait to visit again and do more wine tastings and check out their new food menu as well!

Mom and I decided to split the Sweet White Wine Flight and also ordered a bottle of The Little Black Dress Moscato.  Our awesome Bartender gave us an extra taste of another kind of Moscato that was a little more syrupy but without the sugary taste; it had mango and tropical fruit notes, was really smooth and totally delicious!  I almost wished we had tried that before we ordered The Little Black Dress bottle because we might have gotten that instead.  That Moscato was very tasty as well, with slight carbonation and from California.

The Sweet White Flight we had included a Riesling, Chardonnay, and Sauternes.  The Riesling was far less sweet than I expected and was my least favorite of the three but Mom enjoyed it.  I really liked the Chardonnay because it did have that buttery finish and I always look for that when picking out a Chardonnay.  It was a unanimous decision that the Sauternes was the best of the three.  That wine was the sweetest and the grapes they use are partially raisined which brings on the sweeter flavor.  Even my Dad liked that one!  He was drinking Bourbon that night since he's more of a Whiskey drinker.
Wine Tasting at Pourvino in Plymouth!
Overall, the experience was amazing.  Even the music was on point, they had a chill mix that had Sara Bareilles playing "Little Black Dress" and other fun songs (perfect while we were drinking the same-titled bottle of Moscato).  On Tuesday's they have half-price bottles and it made the night very affordable, even in Plymouth!  To top it all off, they have a menu that includes a Chocolate Tasting, Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake, small plates like Proscuitto wrapped Breadsticks, and Spinach Artichoke dip.  This is a must visit spot in our wonderful small town in Wisconsin :)

It looks like they just updated their menu so find Pourvino on Facebook right here: https://www.facebook.com/pourvinowinebar

No comments:

Post a Comment