Sunday, August 2, 2015

Fundamental LA for Dine LA

To cap off two fabulous Dinners for Dine LA I knew I had some time to grab one last Dine LA experience at Fundamental LA for Lunch.  Located in Westwood it serves creative food from the farmer's market.  I actually decided on this restaurant based on a picture I saw on Instagram of their Chocolate Chip Cookies.  They looked that good!

Lemonade, Quinoa, and a Shrimp Po'Boy at Fundamental LA
For Dine LA they offered a Sandwich or Salad served with a side, a cookie, and a drink all for $15.  I decided on the Shrimp Po'Boy, the Quinoa with dates, cashews, red pepper, and mint.  It had a sweetness to it and I loved how complex it was and how well everything worked together.  The Shrimp Po'Boy was actually a little bit more difficult to eat since it was Tiger Shrimp and they were battered, so you were either eating the whole shrimp or nothing at all.  The batter felt a little heavy but the shrimp were big and juicy!  I also really liked the spicy aioli that came on the sandwich.  The Lemonade I ordered came in a Mason Jar and they brought me mint, free of charge, so I could fancy up my drink.  The cookie was delicious, gooey, freshly-baked, and a perfect end to the meal.

A bunch of their sides sounded really appetizing, Brussels Sprouts, an Orzo Pasta Salad, and Shishito Peppers.  I also thought the Watermelon Chicken Salad, the Albacore Salad, and Grilled Cheese Sandwich sounded amazing.  They have a Lunch Deal that is a Sandwich or Salad, Side and Cookie for $13 so I'll for sure be back to try that.

They only serve Lunch until 3 pm, and when they say that, they actually mean that.  I literally felt rushed through Lunch even though I had ordered by 2:30 pm.  A few minutes after 3 pm I felt like I was in the way and I'm not a big fan of that but I'd go back to try more of their menu anyway.  Overall, I was really happy with the meal and I liked the lay-out of the restaurant, so I will return :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment