Monday, October 26, 2015

October Karaoke

I'm writing my October Karaoke Blog early since this Wednesday we'll be celebrating Halloween!  I was actually really surprised at how chill October has been; aside from Adam's Birthday celebration it was fairly quiet throughout this month.  Perhaps everyone is back in school and actually doing homework or maybe, just maybe, they've been gearing up for Halloween!

Fleetwood Mac "Dreams"
Joan Jett "I Love Rock & Roll"
Fleetwood Mac "Gold Dust Woman"
Joan Jett "I Hate Myself For Loving You"
Fleetwood Mac "Landslide"
Fleetwood Mac "The Chain"

Natalie Merchant "Wonder"
Duffy "Mercy"
Danity Kane "Damaged"
Mandy Moore "Candy"
Shania Twain "Any Man Of Mine"

John Waite "Missing You"
Quarterflash "Harden My Heart"
Bryan Adams "Summer Of '69"
Dishwalla "Counting Blue Cars"
Tracy Chapman "Give Me One Reason"
David Cook "Light On"
Mandy Moore "I Wanna Be With You"
Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis "Cruisin'"

I only had two repeats from last month of Karaoke to this month.  My first week was Audition prep for Stevie Nicks and Joan Jett so I sang all my favorite songs by each artist.  My new song that night was "Landslide" which I'll definitely sing again.  I had some back-up for "The Chain" and wish Crosby could have been at my Audition with me because we rocked that song!  I tried to keep with my one word titled theme in week two singing some of my favorites, but closed out with Country since Rachel also sang Shania Twain.  My new song was "Damaged" by Danity Kane and one I would need a couple extra singers to join me on since it's a Girl Band song.  We did have a busier night since people came to celebrate Adam's Birthday so that was nice because last week was just dead.  I got to sing some of my guilty pleasures since there was no one there.  My new song was David Cook's "Light On" which really works well for my voice; it's one of my favorite songs and since I had just seen David play at The Troubadour a couple weeks ago, I felt it fitting.  Philipe and I closed down the night with "Cruisin'" and was happy to join him on a song since his group were the only people in the bar from midnight until we shut down before 1 am. 

I'm looking forward to a fun and crazy night of music on Wednesday for Halloween Karaoke! There is a 90's theme but feel free to dress as any musical artist, band, or musician you like.  I just want to see people in costumes and having fun!  Karaoke starts at 9 pm at Gabe's...be there or be square :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment