Tuesday, October 6, 2015

September Karaoke

September was definitely a more quiet month, even though I had a lot of friends come in to visit before I left for Wisconsin or come and hang out as soon as I got back.  It meant that everyone got to sing a lot and there were some celebrations and fun!

Amy Grant "Baby Baby"
The Ronettes "Be My Baby"
Whitney Houston "I'm Your Baby Tonight"
Mariah Carey "Always Be My Baby"
The Supremes "Baby Love"

Fleetwood Mac "Dreams"
Natalie Imbruglia "Torn"
Pink "Try"
Jennifer Paige "Crush"
Kelly Clarkson "Low"
3 Doors Down "Kryptonite"
Alicia Keyes "Fallin'"
N'SYNC "Gone"

Alanis Morissette "Ironic
The Police "Every Breath You Take"
Cyndi Lauper "Time After Time"
Whitney Houston "Run To You"

Ace of Base "All That She Wants"
Everclear "Santa Monica"
Carrie Underwood "Cowboy Casanova"
The Supremes "Baby Love"
Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis "Cruisin'"
Seether & Amy Lee "Broken"
Pat Benatar "Promises In The Dark"
Billy Idol "Rebel Yell" 

The first two weeks at Karaoke I set a little theme and everyone got really into it during the first week.  That first week, you picked a word, and it had to be in the title of all of your songs.  Adam ended up using the word 'my' but challenged himself by singing 'My Heart Will Go On' and surprising us all.  Giana used 'woman' so she sang "American Woman" by Lenny Kravitz, another super fun song and something new for her!  My word was 'baby' and my new song was Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby" which I sang at an acoustic live show a couple years back in a super-set of songs.  It was much easier doing it acoustically!  The second weeks theme for myself after singing a couple songs ended up with me choosing songs that only had one word in the title.  I sang Whitney Houston twice this month including my new song that third week which was "Run To You."  I was actually really happy with how well I did although when I took voice lessons years ago that was the first song I worked on so I had a little history with it ;)  My new song the second week was "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down, and I love that all of their songs are right in my range.  That third week and fourth week were really busy so I didn't sing much in the third week and once it cleared out in the last shift I worked in September I ended up singing a couple duets.  Marcus and I did "Cruisin,'" which is one of my favorite duets, and one that Mikey Weiss and I will sing on-stage at some point in front of a crowd of people (I just know it!)  And I also sang "Broken" with Crosby, another great song, and one I forget about!  My new song that week was "Santa Monica" by Everclear; they had a few hits in the 90's but it wasn't my favorite song to sing, although I'd try doing some of their other music and see how it goes.

There were a lot of songs added to my history and also some new friends coming into Gabe's for the first time!  I wasn't able to work that last Wednesday in September because I was at my Preview Night for 'Thenardier's Inn - A Les Miserables Cabaret' but now I'm even more excited to be back this Wednesday for Adam's Birthday Celebration!  Let the good times roll :D

No comments:

Post a Comment