Tuesday, May 3, 2016

April Karaoke!

April was a really fun month of Karaoke!  I've been Hosting at Gabe's for five years so we celebrated my Anniversary in the second week.  It was really busy with lots of friends and regulars coming in to sing and join the celebration!  We also celebrated Jamie's Birthday the following week but I'm going to post a separate blog about that!  Let's hope this month of May is just as exciting :)

Tom Petty - 'Free Fallin'
La Roux - 'Bulletproof'
Dolly Parton - 'Jolene'
Whitesnake - 'Is This Love'

N'SYNC - 'This I Promise You'
Foo Fighters - 'Everlong'
Smashing Pumpkins - 'Stand Inside Your Love'

Garbage - 'Special'
Amy Winehouse - 'You Know I'm No Good'
Bon Jovi - 'Wanted Dead Or Alive'
No Doubt - 'Spiderwebs'
Prince - 'Little Red Corvette'
Allison Krauss - 'When you Say Nothing At All'
The Eagles - 'I Can't Tell You Why' 

The first week started late since the Kings game was on and it was fairly busy so I just sang a couple times.  I opened with my new song of the night, 'Free Fallin'' by Tom Petty.  He's a fun artist to sing so I decided to keep the energy going on my second song and then slow it down towards the end of the night.  It had been a while since I sang all my songs that week.  

Since we celebrated my Anniversary the second week I had a little Black & White Formal theme and suggested everyone sing Anniversary or Love songs.  'This I Promise You' by N'SYNC was a new song for me and from my very first relationship ever.  Always good memories!  The second song I did was 'Everlong' by the Foo Fighters and I raised the key which helped me out.  My girlfriend, Kristina, always promised me I'd get my 'Everlong,' and that someone one day would write a song just for me.  This song was played for me by a really good friend when I first met him years ago and I got my own song (actually a few) a couple years later.  That's where the final song of the night came in.  I saw the Smashing Pumpkins a few years ago and realized how beautiful their lyrics were and in my relationship at the time we talked about using 'Stand Inside Your Love' as our future Wedding song.  It's beautiful and was also a new song of the night for me.  Overall, the Anniversary Party was a blast!  Thanks to Adam for the flowers and to all my friends for coming out and making the night so special <3
Jamie, Adam, Marty, and I on my Five Year Anniversary of Hosting Karaoke at Gabe's!
This last week in April was super slow so Nick, Jamie, and I sang quite a bit.  I added a bunch of songs to my history and since we wanted to honor Prince we all sang a song by him.  My Mom's favorite Prince song is 'Little Red Corvette' so I decided to sing that for my new song.  Let's just say, either my Mom didn't really know the lyrics or if she did, she didn't admit it, because they're pretty wild.  I was almost a little shy singing them!  I decided to sing Alison Krauss later in the night doing 'When You Say Nothing At All,' and got a little teary-eyed.  I sang that at my High School Cabaret one year and saw my Mom crying in the audience and got choked up singing it in the Cabaret and still feel that way every time I sing it.  Even though it was a slow night it was nice to catch up with friends and have everyone trying some new music.

It was a really great month of Karaoke with lots of new music.  I'll be back in Wisconsin for a week but this month should bring some new people and fun as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment