Tuesday, May 9, 2017

April Karaoke

I can't believe I celebrated my six year anniversary of Hosting Karaoke at Gabe's last month!  The time has really flown by and I've made so many great friends because of it, on top of all the wonderful memories and new songs I've learned.  I always tell people that I love Hosting Karaoke but I'm not doing it for the money, I figure, I'd be singing somewhere anyway, so I might as well be Hosting it!

Now that I've got 10 hour Wednesday's for the
next six months, I need a little coffee in my
life...or the Unicorn Frappuccino that came out
last month!  Gotta try new things ;)
Chris Isaak - 'Wicked Game'
Madonna - 'Like A Prayer'
Tom Petty - 'Won't Back Down'
B-52's - 'Love Shack'
Richard Marx - 'Right Here Waiting'

Linda Ronstadt - 'It's So Easy'
Paula Abdul - 'Straight Up'
Madonna - 'Express Yourself'
Amy Winehouse - 'Back to Black'

Fleetwood Mac - 'Dreams'
Linda Ronstadt - 'Just One Look'
Alannah Myles - 'Black Velvet'
Red Hot Chili Peppers - 'Under the Bridge'
Pat Benatar - 'Promises in the Dark'

The first week we celebrated my Karaoke Anniversary so the challenge was for people to sing songs from the year when they were six years old.  It brought some interesting song choices but ended up being a lot of fun!  I had a good year in 1989 but as I looked at the songs from everyone else's years, it seemed like they did too!  My new song was Tom Petty's 'I Won't Back Down' but I did some of my favorites as well.  With it being tax season it had definitely slowed down at Karaoke so I didn't have to sing a whole lot and that second week my new song was 'Express Yourself' by Madonna, which also came out in 1989.  I sang all females songs that week and did the following week as well aside from my new song 'Under the Bridge' by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.  I'm kind of surprised I never sang that before but it's in an awkward key for me to sing as gal so I'd prefer to change it to make it a little easier.  I added a bunch of songs to my History that I hadn't sang in a while and had forgotten about.  The last week in April I was in New York so we didn't have Karaoke but hopefully May will get busy for us again!

Everyone really seems to like the themes when I do them so I'm going to try to incorporate it at least every other month, if not every month.  We've got a new dart board, some new music, and just need you to sing the songs.  Come on down to Gabe's for the fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment