Saturday, October 25, 2014

October Karaoke

I'm posting October's Karaoke blog this week since next week at Gabe's we will be celebrating Halloween early for our Costume Karaoke night!  There's no Karaoke on Halloween since they're bringing a band in but they will be doing their Costume Contest on Friday night.  I still wanted everyone to be able to sing spooky music and have fun Karaoke style.  Halloween Karaoke will get it's own separate blog next week but I've got four weeks of music for ya right now!

Week 1:
Ace of Base "Don't Turn Around"
Carrie Underwood "Cowboy Casanova"
Whitesnake "Here I Go Again"
Tonic "If You Could Only See"
Fleetwood Mac "Gold Dust Woman"

Week 2:
3 Doors Down "Here Without You"
The Eagles "I Can't Tell You Why"
Natalie Merchant "Wonder"
Pat Benatar "Promises In The Dark"
Soundgarden "Black Hole Sun"
Adele "To Make You Feel My Love"

Week 3:
Tom Petty "You Got Lucky"
LeAnn Rimes "Right Kind of Wrong"
Tonic "You Wanted More"
Dolly Parton "Jolene"
Blues Traveler "The Hook"
Heart "If Looks Could Kill"

Week 4:
LeAnn Rimes "Can't Fight The Moonlight"
Evanescence "Call Me When You're Sober"
Staind "Right Here Waiting"
Fiona Apple "Limp"
Adele "Set Fire To The Rain"
Patsy Cline "Crazy"

Axl Rose for Karaoke two years ago!
No repeats from a month ago to this month, so that's awesome and I added a lot of music to my History folder including two LeAnn Rimes songs.  I prefer Tonic's "You Wanted More" over "If You Could Only See" but was glad to try that as my new song.  I got some requests in Week 2 for music including my new song which was "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden; thanks to Mark and Courtney for visiting me at Karaoke!  I've always loved the Blue Traveler song I sang, and knew it had that one really fast almost rap style section but was able to make it through.  Although I picked up a really interesting lyric I hadn't really caught before that went, 'No matter how much Peter loved her, what made the Pan refuse to grow.' We all want to stay young but at the end of the day, we have to grow up, and although everyone loves Peter Pan and what he stands for, he ends up alone and lonely.  To each his own.  I sang a lot of very strong and independent songs this month, there was even a Staind Super-Set in Week 4 and my most recent new song was Adele's "Set Fire To The Rain."  I'm really happy with my choices this month :)

I can't wait for Halloween Karaoke next week.  We'll start at 9 pm so dress like a musician, be a part of a band or group, a musical character, anything to do with music and sing some Karaoke with me at Gabe's.  We always have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment