Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tis the Season for Holiday Party's...

December means Holiday Party's and living in Los Angeles and enjoying year-round sunny weather, there are still Ugly Sweater Christmas Party's even when it was 70 degree's that afternoon!  We do Tree-Trimming, go and look at Christmas Lights, make Hot Toddies (on those 70 degree days) and all the same things we do in the Midwest just without the snow.  It still seems strange to me...

Michael and I at the Lubitsch
Holiday Party!
The first Holiday Party of the season was kicked off by my Committed Inc. Bar Lubitsch Family.  The food was catered from Jones Bar and drinks were endless all night long...  Yes, by the time Michael and I were done drinking Cucumber Gimlets for the night, I could say I wouldn't be drinking that cocktail for a very long time.  It's been one of my favorites since I started working there over two years ago, so that makes me very sad!  On top of the delicious food and open bar, it's a time to catch up with people from the other bars and restaurants in our company.  Since the party was held at Lubitsch this year, most of my co-workers were working the party and thankfully were able to partake in the festivities as long as they remained responsible.  And clearly they did, as my tipsy-self was jokingly pushing around my fellow co-workers asking why they weren't drinking more.  Oops!  Sorry Cara and Lauren!  Of course, spending time with fellow Bartenders means shots are going to happen throughout the night; and it's a Vodka bar (my favorite thing to drink) and we have all these amazing juices and fruits to make the Vodka taste even more delicious!  Needless to say, we all had a good time :)

The following weekend I had two Party's for Friday night.  Jamie & Spark were Hosting an Ugly Sweater Christmas Party with all sorts of yummy food and friends I hadn't seen in a while.  Samantha was having a Hunger Games-esque Party with a Gingerbread House competition, costume/festive clothing competition, Beer Pong, etc.  My friend, Robby and I went to Sam's first and I had a cup of Home-Made Hot Chocolate (there was a Hot Chocolate Bar, and how cool is that) with some Peppermint Schnapps and lots of marshmallows.  Well, you don't really think adding a shot or two will do anything, but it sure did, and I took a little break after that Hot Chocolate.  Although, when we all started to play King's Cup, I ended up being someone's Mate, who was then connected to someone else, and they were connected to someone else, so I ended up drinking any time one of those three people had to drink.  I had switched to the less-intoxicating Punch at that point and was happy about that!  Did I mention that Sam makes some of the best cookies I've ever had; no matter what she makes and how full I am, I always have room for her cookies, they're seriously amazing.  

Hostesses with the Most!
At 10 pm, it was time to head over to Jamie's so we could catch the Costume Contest since Robby had gone out to buy a sweater that evening, just for the party.  Plus, I knew Jamie had spent the afternoon shopping and making appetizers and I was so excited to try everything.  I had baked Brownies as well that were just waiting to be eaten and I completely forgot how much I love to bake; I cooked them to fudge-y perfection, as the pan was demolished in under an hour.  There were definitely some ugly sweaters and outfits at this party (on purpose), and some others that were really creative, or something that I could totally see myself or my husband wearing 40 years from now, and that's just kind of adorable so I couldn't vote 'Ugly' for those!  Jamie and Spark always hand-make their sweaters, which is so creative, and this year, Jamie had also made a Wrapping Bow Dress!  It was so colorful and cute; she was a hit!  She also made some delicious spiked Punch with Pomegranate, Ginger Ale, Lemon and it had Whipped Cream to go with it and when the party had started to wind down, Spark made a Chocolate Pizza that I wish I had gotten a piece of because the bite I tasted was awesome!

So for another Winter in LA, the Holiday Party season wasn't too shabby and everyone stepped it up this year!  My two beautiful Hostesses had super fun party's and Lubitsch never disappoints.  But alas, I'm so excited to go home and see snow, because there's just something about a White Christmas that really makes it feel like the Holiday season.  
Our CAC Family at Sam's Holiday Party!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night <3

No comments:

Post a Comment