Saturday, February 7, 2015

January Karaoke

The past month of Karaoke has definitely been a little more low-key than the previous months but that's normal for right after the New Year.  I decided to challenge myself more throughout the month with adding songs to my History and trying new music and themes.

Week 1:
Bryan Adams "Summer of '69"
The Divinyls "I Touch Myself"
Eric Clapton "Wonderful Tonight"
3 Doors Down "Here Without You"

Week 2:
Fleetwood Mac "Say You Love Me"
John Waite "Missing You"
Rascall Flatts "Bless The Broken Road"
The Eurythmics "Here Comes The Rain Again"
Cascada "Every Time We Touch" (Remix)
Liza Minnelli "All That Jazz"

Week 3:
Fleetwood Mac "Dreams"
Natalie Imbruglia "Torn"
Madonna "Rain"
Blues Traveler "The Hook"
Jann Arden "Insensitive"
Janet Jackson "Again"
Goo Goo Dolls "Iris"

Week 4:
Fleetwood Mac "Don't Stop"
The Cast of Rent "Another Day"
Linda Ronstadt "Just One Look"
Selena "Como La Flor"
Britney Spears "Crazy"

My first week back at Karaoke we were celebrating Diana's Birthday so it was very busy that night and I was very excited to sing "Wonderful Tonight" as I remember dancing with my friend Sean to that song at our Junior Prom.  For my second week I had an audition and had to sing "All That Jazz" during the audition so I thought it was the perfect new song to sing at Karaoke.  I set my own theme during the third week of songs with one word in the title and sang mostly 90's music with my new song being "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia.  I heard it on the radio that week and realized how much I loved it back in the day.  That last week in January I had a couple friends visiting me and for one round of Karaoke everyone that was singing did a song in a different language, most of us sang Spanish, with me doing Selena's "Como La Flor" but Khad sang in German to really make us world-wide.  I sang Fleetwood Mac almost every week and did add a lot of new songs to my History throughout the month.  

Now that everyone's back from the Holiday's I'll get some Theme Nights going soon!  Gabe's is located at 2965 South Sepulveda Blvd in West LA and does Karaoke every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday!  Stop in for a drink and stay to sing a song :)

No comments:

Post a Comment