Tuesday, March 3, 2015

February Karaoke

It was another fairly slow month this past February but having friends come in and sing always makes it fun.  Aside from the rain the past few days it's been really amazing weather here in LA so as it gets warmer outside, the bars get busier because everyone comes out to play!

Cher "I Found Someone"
Ciara "Like A Boy"
Pink "Try"
N'SYNC "Gone"
Nirvana "Heart-Shaped Box"
Roxette "Must Have Been Love"
Toto "Hold The Line"

Tonic "You Wanted More"
Sheryl Crow "My Favorite Mistake"
Fuel "Falls On Me"
Mandy Moore "Candy"
Phil Collins "Against All Odds"

The Beatles "Oh Darlin"
Kim Wilde "Keep Me Hanging On"
REO Speedwagon "Keep On Loving You"
10,000 Maniacs "Because The Night"
Jennifer Warnes & Bill Medley "I've Had The Time Of My Life"
Melissa Etheridge "I'm The Only One"

Garbage "Only Happy When It Rains"
Stevie Wonder "I Just Called To Say I Love You"
RENT "Light My Candle"
RENT "Take Me Or Leave Me"
Gloria Estefan "I Can't Stay Away From You"
En Vogue "Don't Let Go"

That first week at Karaoke I challenged myself to sing songs from artists with one name and did N'SYNC's "Gone" as my new song that week.  It's always been one of my favorites and worked with my own little challenge.  It might have also been my first time singing Pink's "Try" as well which is a great song.  The second week we kept the 90's vibe going with Mandy Moore, Sheryl Crow and more.  My new song was "Falls On Me" by Fuel, which is probably my favorite Fuel song.  That third week at Karaoke it emptied out around 11:30 pm so the couple people that were there got to sing a bunch and my new song was REO Speedwagon's "Keep On Loving You," which I strategically changed the words to something more fitting ;)  That last week at Karaoke it was a Reunion of sorts since McCracken had flown into LAX for a layover and took an Uber to Gabe's to hang out for an hour or two and sing with Jamie, Spark, and I.  Carolyn and Matt got to see him as well.  It was nice to have some of the gang back together, but would have been even better to have Khad, Heike, and Marty were there too!  We did a whole Super-Set of 'Rent' songs which was really fun.  My new song that night was a guilty pleasure, "I Can't Stay Away From You" by Gloria Estefan, and it's actually on my iPod for when I'm out on my run or working out!
Our Karaoke Crew in February!
No repeats in songs from last couple months!  There will be five weeks of Karaoke this month of March and hopefully it'll pick up as well!  I will be doing a Theme Night at some point so be prepared and on the look-out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment