Saturday, July 21, 2012

Manic Monday

Last Sunday I prepared for the week ahead:  Karaoke, meetings, auditions, Bartending at Irish Times, and of course, Dine LA!  Little did I know that my slightly busy week was going to be doubled!

I found out I got booked on a Trade Show on Sunday evening around 7 pm and the rehearsal was on Monday at noon in Downtown LA.  On Monday morning, I got everything packed up since I had the Dodger game that night and then I was on my way to the LA Convention Center.  While I was on my way the address changed and so I adjusted and made my way to the Millenium Biltmore and figured I would be able to find parking around there for around $15.  Then as I was just getting into Downtown the address changed again and I had to go to the Westin.  Thankfully, Downtown is a lot of buildings all in one area; the only problem is the traffic and one-way streets.  AND that parking everywhere I looked was $38!  I'm sorry, but that is highway robbery!  I ended up parking a mile away in a $16 lot and ran in what direction I thought I needed to be.  Mind you, I don't have an iPhone, I don't have Internet Access on my phone, and was in the midst of high rises in unfamiliar territory, so I called my Mom told her my coordinates and had her point me in the right direction and ran a mile in my 4 inch heels, skinny jeans, and sweater, because I still wanted to be business casual for the meeting.  Not fun.

When I finally made it the Westin and found the Meeting Room we were in, the presentation had already started but because I wasn't an employee it was ok for me to be a couple minutes late.  I met one of the other Trade Show Models, Deb, for the AACC Medical Convention and she told me to grab some food and then take a seat.  Yes, please!  The buffet was amazing; I got both chicken and salmon, along with a caprese salad, (extra mozzarella) broccolini and asparagus, and a lemon dessert.  The food was so good and totally unexpected.  After the meeting was over we talked with our contacts and got the details for tomorrow's show.  I took a few notes, met the rest of the girls, Amanda and Amy, and Amy looked familiar and while we couldn't figure out how we knew each other we had the rest of the week to get to know each other!

Lucky for me I got to walk back to my car this time instead of run and I made an appointment to meet with the Owner of Brass Monkey to talk about Hosting Karaoke there.  my friend, Lucas, has been working there for years and said there might be an opening in the next few weeks.  I drove from Downtown to Korea Town and was able to meet with A* before he left for the day.  He also owns Boardwalk 11 and since I work next door at Irish Times he thought he could possibly have me fill in there for Karaoke or Bartending.  Cool!

After my meeting at Brass Monkey I headed up to North Hollywood to meet Neil and grabbed some Starbucks for him because he had to work the rest of the afternoon before we met Johnny at the Dodger game.  I was able to get my work-out in and go through all my Castings and e-mails, plus get all the information for the Trade Show faxed to my booking Agent.  I was bummed because I had to skip an Audition that I had to re-schedule from the week before because I was working, and now I couldn't go the re-scheduled one this week and I also got an e-mail from a Magazine asking me to Test Shoot for them on Wednesday but I couldn't shoot with them because of the Show and Karaoke.  I'm keeping my fingers that I can re-schedule that for this next week.

Soon enough it was time for the Dodger Game.  Neil and I headed to Dodger Stadium around 6:15 pm for the 7:10 start time; we were meeting Johnny there because he was on a flight back from Philly and getting into LAX at 5:45.  With traffic and the distance, Johnny didn't make it until 7:35 but Neil and I were able to watch a little bit of the game from outside the stadium.  It was Dodger's vs. Philly's and we got in just in time to catch the bottom of the 2nd Inning.  After watching a couple innings it was time for some Beer & Dodger Dogs!  There's nothing like sitting and watching live Baseball with a Dodger Dog in hand...it's just the simple things in life :)  While our fellow Dodger fans were quite interesting, two young girls sitting next to us, that were in a tizzy with Celebrity Neil next to me, the two little boys in front of us that were yelling and cheering for the Dodgers which was so cute, and the random drunk girl and her boyfriend getting in trouble with Security for being loud and crazy, we all had a good time watching the game.  Johnny ended up a happy Philly's fan when they won 3-2.
Go Dodger's!
Before we knew it, it was 10:30 pm and I knew I had an early and important day on Tuesday for the first day of the Trade Show so it was bed-time for a sad Dodger's fan!  Talk about an awesome and busy day, advancing my career, getting in a good work-out (running around in Downtown LA had it's perks) and getting to do something fun like going to a Dodger game with friends!  Now onto my busy week...

No comments:

Post a Comment