Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween Party!

 I'm one of those people who doesn't decide what my Halloween Costume is going to be until a week or two before Halloween.  This year I had some ideas a month before Neil's Annual Halloween Party but didn't plan anything out until about 10 days before when I went to try costumes on.  As I wrote about in my previous Halloween blog, it became a fiasco, and I was hours away from a Costume Party with no Costume, so I decided on one of my back-up ideas and am so happy with my Costume choice!

Neil's Party was being held the Saturday before Halloween, so for weeks leading up to it, Neil was shopping for bits and pieces of his costumes, decorations, and getting ideas.  When I arrived on Saturday, Neil, Chris (his roommate), and I went to the grocery store to pick up all the alcohol and snacks, along with some candy that we would need.  I brought a bottle of Grape Vodka I would be using to make shots, along with Cupcakes and Brownies, I had baked the day before, in addition to 2 bags of candy.  One of Neil's Halloween presents from me was a bottle of Patron XO, so we also had that to take shots of before the guests arrived.  We picked up 6 different bottles of liquor, along with mixers and supplies for Bloody Mary's the next day, and a couple other treats.

I had Church that evening so when I came back from that an hour later, Neil's place had been transformed into a Halloween Haven, with pictures of old-time scary movies on the wall, cobwebs everywhere, bats, spooks, and Neil's iPod docking station already playing his Halloween playlist he'd been perfecting for weeks.  We had a quick bite to eat and then took a House Shot together, trying both the Lord of the Flies and Purple People Eater.  Then it was time to get ready for the party!
Happy Halloween Party
Jamie and Khad both arrived early to get ready and into their costumes before the guests arrived.  While Jamie and I got ready together sipping on our fresh Amaretto Sours, we made it down just in time to take another house shot before people were there.  And then the party began...I poured shots for everyone that walked through the door, made drinks, while Neil was Hosting his party, showing people around, and we all took pictures together, of everyone at the party, had the music going, did a little 'Get Down Goblin' routine for the party, ate, drank, and were merry!  About 30 or 40 people filtered in and out throughout the night, bringing alcohol with them in additional to all the drinks we were providing including the house drink, The Vampire's Kiss, invented by Neil.  Everyone was having a great time!

Halloween Guests!
Rock & Roll
My Costume for the night was a Hooter Girl; I had everything from when I worked in Wisconsin and Santa Monica almost 10 years ago, including my Money Holder, my Flair, and also a Black Hooter's Uniform we wore on Friday's and special occasions which I changed into half-way through the night because it was a more comfortable uniform.  When you're working at Hooter's you are not allowed to wear the Uniform outside of work, you're not allowed to show your shorts or tank top without covering it when you're going to and coming from work, and they are very strict about that, so this was the first time I was able to wear it in public and it was quite exciting!  Jamie was Kate Beckinsale's character from 'Underworld' and she even had the amazing blue contacts to complete the outfit!  Neil was Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt) from 'Fight Club' and he had multiple outfits to complete his look, including button-downs, fur jackets, sunglasses, and a gnarly black-eye.  Chris was Nicolas Cage's character from 'Raising Arizona,' and had been growing his moustache for his Costume.  Everyone at the party looked amazing...we had a Jessica Rabbit, Pocahontas, Indiana Jones, Frank N Furter from 'Rocky Horror', sexy Fire Fighters and Policemen, 'Bubba' Fett from 'Star Wars', Doug Flutie, Obi Wan Kenobi, a Pirate, Whoopie Cushion, lots of era (70's, 80's) costumes, Superhero's, a couple Princes from 'The Princess Bride' and Mia Wallace with an IV in her heart.  Everyone knew that entrance to the party could only be guaranteed by wearing a Costume, so everyone looked incredible!  

As it got later, someone heard 'Thriller' play on the iPod and couldn't figure out the dance so Neil played a DVD with Michael Jackson video's and the whole party gathered around the TV to watch, and before you knew it, it was a dance party with 'Thriller' dancers, and everyone having a good time and enjoying the show!  The party started to die down around 3 am and it was just Jamie, Neil, and I, cleaning up the place, and re-living an awesome night!  Clearly, the Party was a huge success!  And for a bunch of us, Saturday was just the beginning because we had Wednesday Halloween Karaoke to look forward to :)
Green Lantern, Indiana Jones, Alex, 70's Teacher, and Tyler Durden
Sunday was a day of watching Football, getting take-out, and drinking some Bloody Mary's, that I love to make and has been a tradition for Neil and I after a night of drinking, so we could recover from the amazing Halloween Festivities.  It was the perfect way to end the weekend and get excited about Karaoke on Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment