Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thankful Karaoke

I've been dealing with an annoying cold this week but that wasn't going to stop me from Hosting Karaoke on Wednesday at Gabe's, the day before Thanksgiving.  We all have so much to be thankful for and I was thankful that I still had a voice, a job where I can be creative, and awesome people to make the night special!

As I waited for the Laker Game to finish up, I got Karaoke ready, and saw that we were going to have a pretty good night because we had lots of people waiting to get started!  I opened with 'Because the Night' by the 10,000 Maniacs since I needed a song that was a little bit lower for my voice, and Marcus got the night going with 'Hey Jude' and vamped the last 4 minutes of the song, doing the nearly 8 minute version.  Lee kept it country throughout the night, singing Brad Paisley, and then doing a couple Bobby Darin hits.  Marty stopped by and of course, even with me having a cold, wasn't going to stop him from getting Amy, him and I, shots.  Thankfully, we got Orange Kamikaze's and I was able to get a little Vitamin C from the Orange juice!  We had a couple singers that don't come in very often in for the night, a newly engaged couple that were singing Joan Jett and The Kinks.  

The night went on with new singers and new songs, a little Bell Biv Devoe, by one of the girls from the Birthday Party and 'Alone' by another lovely lady.  Marty's new song for the night was 'Wanted Dead or Alive' by Bon Jovi, while I did a little back-up, and he also sang 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls, which was another new song.  My new song of the night was 'Love You Like A Love Song' by Selena Gomez which was actually a lot of fun and I'll be excited to sing it again when I have some friends visiting me at work.  Marcus kept up with another 8 minute song doing 'Dead Man's Party' by Oingo Boingo while one of my old Friday Night Karaoke regulars sang 'Do You Remember The Time' by Michael Jackson and also sang 'Creep' by Radiohead.  Marty had the whole room singing along to 'More Than Words' while I had the ladies dancing during 'These Boots Are Made For Walking.'  Marty and I closed out the night with a little duet of 'Need You Now' by Lady Antebellum and I was happy to have had a great Karaoke night before the Thanksgiving Holiday!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, had plenty to be thankful for, and enjoyed lots of great food.  I'm thankful for Family, Friends, Football, and Food...the 4 F's of Thanksgiving :)  And now it's on to the Christmas Season with Holiday Music and Carol's, gift-giving and shopping, baking, and Christmas Cards.  Happy Holiday's Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment