Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Karaoke!

I hope everyone had a great Holiday and got to spend time with their family, friends, and people they love the most to enjoy a beautiful Christmas Season!  I hosted Karaoke a week and a half ago at Gabe's and am finally able to write my blog about it tonight.  When I'm home in Wisconsin, especially for the Holiday's there's so much planned and we have dial-up Internet which is like waiting for an Easy Bake Oven to make Brownies using the power of a light bulb so it's actually a vacation when I go home with work being put on the back burner.  At the same time, it's also kind of nice and allows me to focus on the important things during this special time.

Christmas Karaoke took place on December 19th (just one day before I boarded my flight to Wisconsin and just barely made it in, but that's another blog) and we had a very busy night!  I opened the night with 'We Belong' by Pat Benatar while Art sang Michael Buble's version of 'The Christmas Song' and Lee and Marcus sang 'Jingle Bell Rock' doing a fun little duet.  On top of getting into the Christmas spirit we were celebrating Amy's Birthday and Judy had baked cupcakes so we all sang to Amy and continued with some more Christmas music.  Jamie and Spark arrived along with Sean and Spark opened his night with 'The Joker' by the Steve Miller Band while Jamie sang 'My Life Would Suck Without You.'  Everyone brought their Holiday Cheer during the next round of songs which included 'Rocking Around the Christmas Tree' sang by me and a super fun song, along with 'Santa Baby' by Jamie, which was perfect for her voice, and 'White Christmas' by Spark which is one of my favorite Christmas songs and from my favorite Christmas movie.  I love Vera Ellen, her tiny waist looking incredible in costume and graceful dancing!  Sean couldn't stay long but he was able to sing 'Man or Muppet' for the first time in a long time thanks to Spark while a couple new people, Calvin and Rolanda, sang some Louis Armstrong and Journey!

My new song of the night was Whitney Houston's version of 'Do You Hear What I Hear' because as much as a power house that Whitney is, her version of that song is right in my range!  It was a fun and challenging song to sing, and I'll definitely try it again when I can practice it some more but I was happy with that being my final new song of 2012!  Judy sang some Patsy Cline for everyone while Jamie sang 'On My Own' from "Les Miserables" which I can't wait to see in the theater's now that it came out on Christmas Day!  Spark got the crowd dancing...well, at least Jamie and I, by singing 'Shout' while Marcus sang a couple more duets doing 'Ebony & Ivory' with Calvin and then 'Under Pressure' with Spark.  I hadn't sang 'Mr. Jones' by the Counting Crows in a long time so I did that and when someone sang 'Dream On' it gave me the perfect idea for my closing song, having Jamie and Spark join me in singing 'Cryin' by Aerosmith, and getting some help on those final high notes from another Karaoke patron.

Christmas Karaoke was a success with some beautiful Christmas music, plenty of dancing and lots of Holiday Cheer!  I'm looking forward to continuing my Resolution which will now be a Challenge of singing something new at every Karaoke shift I Host and I'm proud of keeping that Resolution for an awesome 2012 year of Karaoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment