Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mom's May Visit to LA! Part 3.

We did so much during the week that Mom was out here in LA!  She got to come to work with me, see me play the Wicked Witch in Wizard Of Oz, we took a road trip to Solvang, and capped off the week with her seeing me Host at Afterbuzz TV!

On Tuesday morning we had a yummy breakfast in the Dining Room at Hadsten House and then decided to spend some time in downtown Solvang.  We walked into the shops and candy stores.  I hadn't seen Rock Candy on a stick since going to Wisconsin Dells when I was 12!  The candy stores had all the old candy I remembered as a kid; it was crazy.  We ended up buying some fudge that was fantastic and had to take a picture in front of the windmill.
Bridlewood Winery & Vineyards
We decided before making our way back to LA to stop at one more winery in Santa Ynez, so we went to Bridlewood, as I had researched and the pictures were just gorgeous.  As you make your way into the winery, the driveway is tree-lined, and there are different types of flowers everywhere.  The Tasting Room was actually on the vineyard so after doing our tasting we were able to take a tour of the grounds.  Once again, this winery had a Red-heavy menu and were more earthy than fruity so they weren't our favorites but I would go back to this winery purely for the view.  The great thing about this winery was how beautiful it was and how immaculate the grounds were kept.  We got to go down to the horse corral, and then walked to the pond area, where you could picnic and oversee a good part of the vineyard.  This was so different than anything we had seen so I was glad we were able to stop here on our way home.  As we made our trip back to LA, we also stopped in Santa Barbara and walked along the pier.  We went into some of the shops and both of us picked out some earrings in remembrance of our little road trip!
Mom by the Pond & Vineyards at Bridlewood
I was Hosting both of my shows at the Afterbuzz TV studios that night so Mom was my guest and got to see how I spend my Tuesday evenings.  We started off watching Real Housewives of New York which is a show she's never seen, and the reality show I do with my Co-Hosts.  There are four Hosts, Ashley, Courtney, Stephanie, and myself for that show so we tend to have a longer discussion with lots of opinions and ideas and normally have a guest calling in to the show which is great!  This week's episode was true to form with lots of drama and plenty to talk about.  Next up, it was Supernatural my CW show that's on it's 9th season and I Host with Tom and Travis.  We have a lot of fun talking about the show and usually have some good laughs when we're chatting or giving predictions.  Mom really enjoyed watching us do the show together and seeing the studios.  She said she didn't realize how big the studios were when she was watching our recaps but that it was really awesome to see me doing my Hosting job in-person and live.
With my Co-Host, Courtney, at Afterbuzz TV, for our Real Housewives of New York After-Show!
No trip to LA would be complete for Mom without some Yogurtland, so we did that on her first and last day here in LA, except it was Menchies on Tuesday night.  On Wednesday morning, Mom and I made a stop at Panera for an early Lunch and then I dropped her off at the airport.  Even though she was here for a week, it felt so much shorter with how much we had going on this whole time.  Hopefully she'll come and visit me again soon because I miss her already :)

Thanks for everything while you were out here visiting Mom...love you lots <3

No comments:

Post a Comment