Saturday, May 24, 2014

Wednesday Karaoke Nights!

For the first time in weeks I finally noticed my voice was getting back to normal this week at Karaoke.  I was able to sing some songs that I couldn't before and feel more comfortable singing in general.  The past two weeks have been great Karaoke nights and I'm excited to get back to my old self!

Two weeks ago I opened the night with 'You Give Love A Bad Name' by Bon Jovi and then I sang 'Bitch' by Meredith Brooks since it had been a while since I sang both of those songs.  Next up was 'Special' by Garbage and my new song of the night was 'Right Here Waiting' by Staind.  I love that song so much and it was actually a lot of fun to sing plus we heard two other Staind songs that night!  I did one of my go-to's singing Fleetwood Mac's 'Gold Dust Woman' and closed out the night with 'November Rain' since everyone did a guilty pleasure on their last round of songs :)

This past week was a night with just a few singers but a lot of songs.  I really love when everyone can sing a lot but the rotation goes quick and people filter in and out after a few songs.  I started the night off with 'Here Without You' and we ended up doing a 3 Doors Down super-set.  The vibe went country after that so I did Gretchen Wilson's 'Redneck Woman' and the crowd loved it; it's such a fun song.  I got a request for Pat Benatar and 'Treat Me Right' so that was next followed by a duet with Marcus 'Almost Paradise' by Mike Reno and Ann Wilson.  I did another duet singing Lady Antebellum's 'Need You Now' and my new song was 'Hot & Cold' by Katy Perry.  There are some songs that are just difficult to Karaoke and that is definitely one of them because the phrasing gives you no time to breathe but I did a good job with it.  It got sentimenal so I did Jewel's 'Foolish Games' and then closed out the night with 'You Got Lucky,' my favorite Tom Petty song.

Overall, two really awesome weeks of Karaoke with some different choices for new songs and some interesting ideas for more new songs.  And we're definitely going to do a theme night again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment