Thursday, September 11, 2014

Dolphin Tale 2 Premiere :)

This past weekend I worked the 'Dolphin Tale 2' movie premiere in Westwood.  Courtney has worked events with this company who hires people to help get the premiere and after-party set-up, take care of guests, serve food, etc.  I was looking forward to doing something different on a Sunday afternoon and as much as I hated missing the first weekend of Football, I kept my phone handy to check on my Fantasy Football team ;)
Dippin' Dots!!!!!!

It was really hot in LA this past weekend, with temperatures in the 90's.  It was not only hot on Sunday, but humid for LA, and we were getting the refreshment areas set up.  Needless to say, we were getting in a work-out!  I loved the look of the event; there was a blue carpet, and then tons of pop-up restaurants involved, serving some of their well-known dishes, as well as games, photo booths, and even a huge slide!  Our group was specifically hired to take care of the VIP's, which I love, since it's customer service, and I've been in the Service Industry for 17 years.

The thing I loved most about working this premiere was how friendly and polite everyone was, guests and people working the event.  There were no ego's and even in the heat, the actors, executives, and families were all having a blast and enjoying themselves.  On top of that, the food was just amazing!  After we got done serving everyone and things were winding down we got to get our own Lunch.  I had a Truffle Burger from Umami, tacos and salad from Border Grill, pizza from Dang Bros, pressed-juice from Clover, cookies from Diddy Reise, ice cream from Dippin' Dots, and cupcakes from Sprinkles!  There was even more food but after all that, I was pretty full.  There were so many options and a specific dessert area where there was also cookie-decorating, air-brushed tattoos, and more.  It was definitely a kid's dream!
My own little personal Food Heaven :)
I'd definitely work an event like this again.  Hopefully, next time it'll be a little cooler or perhaps indoors, but they can always win me over with food ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment