Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mom & Dad's September Visit to LA! Part 3.

After working while Mom and Dad were in town the first couple of days and then heading on a Road Trip all over the California Coast we finally had a day with nothing to do!  That's a vacation!

I had actually planned on Hiking up in Malibu where we could see the Waterfall near Temescal Canyon but the 90 degree temperature in Culver City deterred any sort of exercise simply because it was way too hot.  Instead, we spent part of the morning by the pool, mostly in the water, just relaxing and enjoying the day!  We had some Lunch and just hung out that day since it was my parent's last day in LA before they left the following morning.  Of course, we would have this week-long heat wave while they were in town and it was in the 60's back home in Wisconsin!

I set-up a Surprise Dinner at Mastro's in Beverly Hills to celebrate my parent's Anniversary just a little early since I wouldn't be able to spend it with them in November.  Kristina had taken me for my Birthday in June and it was one of the best steaks I had ever had so I wanted to be able to share this with my family as well!
Heirloom Tomatoes & Burrata
We were seated upstairs towards the back of the bar but still in ear-shot of the piano player and singer.  When Kristina and I were there it was more mellow music and this was really fun too.  The songs ranged from new and old, sang by the piano player at times, and then a female singer as well.  I really liked it!  Mom and I ended up getting the Blueberry Martini while Dad got his usual Maker's & Coke.  Dad decided on the French Onion Soup while Mom and I split the Heirloom Tomato & Burrata Salad.  I was so impressed with the Soup, it was so yummy and perfectly seasoned.  And for me, you can't got wrong with an Heirloom Salad!  Mom and I were splitting a steak and Dad got his own and we were barely able to finish all of it, with Mom wrapping the rest of hers to go.  Of course, the steak was accompanied by the Snap-peas which Dad even commented, 'Never would I have thought I would be ordering peas at a restaurant' and yet he loved them!  We also got the Garlic Mashed Potatoes that were a little runny but still delicious.  They brought out a Chocolate Cake with 'Happy Anniversary' written on it for dessert.  By the time we were done, we were so full and barely able to make our way back to the car.  Mom said it was the best steak she ever had and Dad said it was one of the best!
Before Dinner at Mastro's in Beverly Hills!
That night we opened one of our Dessert Wines from Daniel Gehr's and also had some of the Port Wine too to cap off a great Dining experience.  We played Spades before heading to bed and then I took Mom and Dad to the airport the following morning to head back to Wisconsin.

I can't believe how quickly the time flies when they're out here visiting, and even though they were here for a week, it felt like just a couple of days!  I'd definitely like to try to make it to Wisconsin this Fall before all the snow comes :)  Thanks for coming to visit Mom and Dad, I love and miss you guys <3

No comments:

Post a Comment