Saturday, October 11, 2014

Carolyn & Matt's Wedding

I've been living in Los Angeles for nearly nine years and although I've gone back home to the Midwest for Weddings, Carolyn & Matt's Wedding on September 20th, was my first Wedding here in LA!

Neil & I at the Wedding
Carolyn and I started working together over eight years ago at Saint's & Sinner's and she had been dating Matt for a couple years.  She's one of the most caring, compassionate, and understanding people I've ever met.  I've gotten to know Matt over the years and it's been great seeing their relationship grow and evolve and sitting at the Wedding, and hearing him do his vows in Tagalog (Carolyn's family is from the Philippines) I knew that he has always been madly in love with her.  Of course, I cried the moment that he made his way down the aisle and didn't stop throughout the ceremony.  The vows were just so incredible and touching, and after hearing them in English as well, I don't think I've ever heard more meaningful vows in my entire life.  Carolyn had kept her dress a secret so it was our first time seeing it and it was just beautiful; she was a gorgeous bride with the brightest smile on her face!  The sunshine, sunflowers, kelly green bridesmaid dresses, and everything else just had such a positive and uplifting vibe.

First Dance <3
The Wedding was actually at the Betty Ruckas Cultural Center in Long Beach with the ceremony outside and the reception in this huge ballroom.  It was a little Saint's & Sinner's reunion with so many of our co-workers over the years, some of our regulars and friends, and lots of family, and people flying in from all over the world.  Neil has known Carolyn and Matt for the past four years so it was great to have him there since we've all spent a lot of time together over the years. 

After a cocktail hour and some delicious Hors d'Oeuvres we made our way to the reception area where the tables were designated by Superhero's.  So cool and fun!   I think my favorite part of the reception was seeing Carolyn & Matt's first dance.  It was just such a special moment and I think everyone could feel the love just radiating off of them.   

There were drinks and shots (someone had to bring some Fireball to the party), plenty of food, dancing and fun.  It was nice to be able to catch up with friends in this celebratory environment and see two of our closest friends get married and start their lives together.  It was a great Wedding in Long Beach and I'm so incredibly happy for the newlyweds.  I love you two <3

No comments:

Post a Comment