Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Maleficent & Co.

One of my favorite parts of working with Creating Arts is getting to do the Meet & Greet after the show is over.  We always take our bows and then go outside to take pictures with the kids, sign autographs, and just chat with the families (in character of course).  It's so heart-warming and I love talking with the kids and hearing what's on their minds.

Stages of emotion in meeting the kids, so excited to take
pictures and hear their stories, and then they hug you
and I just melt.  Best feeling in the world!

Since "Maleficent" came out in theaters it's really shed a new light on my fairy character, thankfully.  The little girls have told me they loved MY movie, and that I'm one of their favorite characters.  Some are even dressing up like me for Halloween!  Yet again, even better than all of that, seeing the children overcome their fears.  Like this one little girl, who came up and got into my arms, we shared a little moment, and after setting her down another little one had come over to say hi and I asked if she wanted a hug.  She gave me one of those scared half/barely-touching hug and the first little girl heard me ask the other one that, and flung her arms around my neck so tightly, all I could do in that moment, was appreciate the love.  I was so overcome with emotion and started to tear up right there!  Even the little boys get excited to meet the villain, and I love playing along with them.  I learned how to 'hi-five' this weekend and what 'Halloween' actually was.  I mean, did Halloween even exist in the 14th century?  It does now, because they're be a bunch of little mini-me's, meaning Maleficent's running around in a week or so.  Plus, it's great to see them protective of their sisters and try to coax them into meeting everyone.  All of them are so adorable I can barely handle it :)

Our 'Sleeping Beauty' Cast and some fans!
This past weekend, we signed so many autographs, you do start to feel like a 'mini celebrity.'  In these kids eyes, we are famous, and I can remember thinking the same thing about the actors when I saw shows as a child.  I loved hearing a little girl talk to me about the show and then ask if I could come to her house.  I laughed and said, that could probably be arranged.  We have to remember that the pictures we take with these kids will be forever remembered by them and in digital format.  They may look back on them when they take their own children to see theater.  How cool is that?!
Maleficent in 'Sleeping Beauty'
We've got three more weekends of "Sleeping Beauty" and so much more fun to be had!  Come and check out the show, and see my amazing wings that always bring gasps from the audience...pictures can't even do them justice :D

*Tickets can be found on www.creatingarts.org or for a discounted price on www.goldstar.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment