Thursday, December 18, 2014

December Karaoke

It was a short month of Karaoke since I'm heading back to Wisconsin on Saturday and I won't be back in LA until January.  I'm sure I will find some Karaoke in Wisconsin while I'm back home but there's nothing like Karaoke at Gabe's!

Week 1:
Patsy Cline "Walkin' After Midnight"
Smashing Pumpkins "Disarm"
Britney Spears "Everytime"

Week 2:
Pat Benatar "Love Is A Battlefield"
Colbie Callait "I Never Told You"
Joan Osbourne "One Of Us"
Selena Gomez "The Heart Wants What It Wants"
Adele "Love Song"

Week 3:
Journey "Separate Ways"
Amy Grant "El Shaddai"
Whitney Houston "Do You Hear What I Hear"
Gene Autry "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer"
Brenda Lee "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree"
Helen Cornelius "Mary Did You Know"

A day of Christmas Shopping and night of Holiday
Karaoke with my un-planned matching Sister!
That first week of Karaoke I was battling a cold and heading to 29 Palms Military Base that weekend to perform for the troops in CAC's "Retro Holiday Show" so I wanted to protect my voice.  I really enjoyed my song choices that week, especially my new song by the incredible Patsy Cline.  It had been a long time since I sang 'Disarm' so it was nice to get back into that vibe.  The second week was a Woman's Week considering all my songs were female songs (not normal for me) and my new song being my current favorite guilty pleasure by Selena Gomez.  I'm in love with that song and the emotion she brings to it.  I also really enjoy the way that Adele does 'Love Song' and that Karaoke version is so jazzy and cool to sing.  While it was only suggested to sing Christmas or Holiday music this past week at Karaoke, a lot of people joined in on the fun and sang some of our Holiday favorites like 'Frosty The Snowman,' 'Oh Holy Night,' 'Joy To The World,' 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer' and 'Blue Christmas' to name a few.  The patrons of Gabe's actually sang along with the Singers as well so that was fun and got everyone into the Christmas spirit!  Since I've been singing all these Christmas songs for our "Retro Holiday Show" and because I played Rudolph in the show, I found it fitting to sing the title track, and also stuck with some of my Mom's favorite songs during this season.  Marty requested Journey to kick off the night and I certainly can't turn down 'Separate Ways!'  That was the only song that was a repeat from the past four months of Karaoke.

I'll certainly miss everyone at Gabe's while I'm back in Wisconsin but I'll be really excited to kick off a New Year of Karaoke in 2015.  Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and have a safe and wonderful New Year's :)

No comments:

Post a Comment