Sunday, December 28, 2014

Plan Check Sawtelle!

After all the rehearsals, shows, and more shows, Samantha and I were finally able to go out to Dinner for the first time since before 'Sleeping Beauty' had started in September!  I had introduced her to En Sushi, one of my favorite Sushi spots where there's an awesome Happy Hour but this time we decided on something new for both of us and that was Plan Check.

They have a couple different locations but the one on Sawtelle was just a few minutes from where we both live.  Every time I drive past, it's always packed, so I was really looking forward to it.  After perusing the menu I decided on the Plan Check Burger which was your typical Burger with grilled onions, smothered in cheese, pickles, and ketchup leather.  Samantha ordered the Chef's Favorite Burger which came with two different kinds of cheese, bacon, and an egg to top it all off.  We also ordered the Sweet Potato Waffle Fries that came with a Peach Ketchup.
Burgers & Fries at Plan Check!
When the manager, Thomas, dropped our food off, he asked if I liked bacon (who doesn't) and then brought me some Brown Sugar Bacon and also their version of ranch which was awesome.  I actually really liked the Peach Ketchup more than the ranch (and that was good too).  It was sweet like Barbeque sauce but more fruit forward.  The bacon complimented my Burger which was perfectly cooked to Medium Rare, and as full as I was, I tried to eat all of it because it was by far one of the best Burgers I've ever had.  I'm  not a huge fan of Sweet Potato Fries but I love Waffle Fries and they did not disappoint either.  Sam really enjoyed her burger too, albeit a little messy with the egg.  After we finished Dinner, Thomas sent us a Donut on the house, that came with bananas and cream.  It was a nice way to end the meal :)

That next day I had the little bit that was left of my Burger, and it was almost better than it was when it was fresh off the grill.  Now, that is rare!  I can't wait to go back and try more off their menu.  I hadn't noticed there were specials and the Bartender never mentioned that.  I'll be sure to check that out next time because when I had looked at their Instagram after making my post, I saw they had a Mushroom & Swiss Burger along with Wasabi Peas, both of which I would have loved to try.  I'm also looking forward to tasting some cocktails on their menu.  I was really impressed with Plan Check and can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment