Wednesday, December 3, 2014

November Karaoke

It was a fun month of November Karaoke with lots of friends hanging out and visiting me at Gabe's, and of course, singing!  With the weather changing from 80 degrees to the 60's it was typical November here in LA.  Even though Christmas music started playing on the radio right after Halloween, we've reserved the Christmas Karaoke for December!

Week 1:
Nancy Sinatra "These Boots Are Made For Walking"
Eminem "Superman"
Roxette "Listen To Your Heart"
Alanis Morissette "You Oughta Know"
Bon Jovi "You Give Love A Bad Name"
Richard Marx "Should've Known Better"

Week 2:
Fleetwood Mac "Rhiannon"
Gloria Gaynor "I Will Survive"
Shania Twain "That Don't Impress Me Much"
Jewel "Who Will Save Your Soul"
The Fugee's "Killing Me Softly"
Journey "Separate Ways"
Aladdin "A Whole New World"

Week 3:
Pat Benatar "Heartbreaker"
Duffy "Mercy"
Amy Winehouse "Back To Black"
Toni Braxton "Unbreak My Heart"
Cher "Turn Back Time"

Week 4:
Fleetwood Mac "The Chain"
10,000 Maniac's "Because The Night"
Bill Withers "Ain't No Sunshine"
Jewel "Foolish Games"

I added a lot of new music to my History at Gabe's and actually only did one repeat in the past few months, and that's one of my favorite's to sing, Jewel's "Foolish Games."  Although, there's always time for 'Aladdin's' "A Whole New World" which Ben had asked me to sing, and Disney music brings a smile to our Karaoke regulars faces!  I noticed my songs were more female based this month and an even mix of male and female new songs with my favorite new song probably being "Unbreak My Heart." I love that it's so low and right in my range and my other favorite would be "Killing Me Softly" (which I can't believe I've never sang before) because it was so much fun I was able to hit my sweet spot on it.  I've helped people sing "I Will Survive" but it might have been my first time singing it on my own and I really enjoyed singing "The Chain" as well since I love Fleetwood Mac.  The last week of Karaoke was right before Thanksgiving so we sang songs or bands we were thankful for and that was a fun night!
Thanksgiving Karaoke with Mark, Shawn, Andrea, Ben, Jamie and I :)
There will only be three weeks of December Karaoke for me this month since I'll be heading back to Wisconsin in a couple weeks and the 17th will be our Christmas/Holiday Karaoke Night at Gabe's.  Better start picking out your favorite songs now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment