Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Lemonade, Sugarfish, Bouchon...

It was a rainy Sunday in LA, really rainy, as in it was down-pouring buckets of water.  Staying dry was impossible but I managed to try three new restaurants that day and found some new favorite spots to take my family to when they're visiting and visit again with friends!

Lunch was at Lemonade in Venice.  It took me nearly 10 minutes to decide what I wanted to eat because there were so many choices.  I finally settled on an Edamame, Snap Pea, Sunflower Sprout Salad, as well as Quinoa, Cauliflower, Mint with Raisin's Curry Salad.  I also got a Caprese Sandwich which kept my meal Vegetarian which I like to do on occasion.  Both the salads were wonderful, but the Quinoa was so flavorful and bright, I was truly impressed with how much I enjoyed it.  The Caprese Sandwich was just ok, slightly disappointing since I had tried my Lunch Date's Green Apple Chicken Curry, which was so creamy and yummy.  Since I had now swapped to meat, I also tried his Red Miso Beef Short Rib, which stopped me in my tracks.  It was so fantastic I actually went up and got my own.  It might be the best Short Ribs I have EVER had.  Bold claim right there!  Lunch wouldn't have been complete without a Lemon Bar which was a perfect compliment to the meal, tart and sweet.  This is definitely one of my new favorite Lunch spots in LA and they are everywhere...YAY!
This is what I call a Food Day in LA!
Dinner was at Sugarfish in Beverly Hills.  I've been hearing about this place for years from friends telling me how great the sushi is and once again I wasn't disappointed.  I met up with Ashley from Bar Lubitsch and after a 45 minute wait, I had built up an appetite after my huge Lunch, and was ready for the 'Trust Me' menu.  For $30 you get an eight-course meal, starting with Edamame, Tuna Sashimi (which was beautiful), Albacore Sushi (which melted in my mouth), Salmon Sushi, Yellowtail Sushi (which is always one of my favorites), Halibut Sushi (which was something that I'd never tried before and was surprised by how much I liked it) and then a Toro Hand Roll and Blue Crab Hand Roll that they graciously cut.  From the freshest fish, to the warm rice, courses and pacing of the meal, everything was amazing.  And it was absolutely worth every penny of that $30.

Dessert and After-Dinner Drinks took place at Bouchon which is also in Beverly Hills.  So we walked outside in the rain to our next spot and took a seat at the bar while Ashley's friend was the Bartender.  She had a Cosmo but since I was prepping for the re-opening of 'Thenardier's Inn' I was doing my usual no drinking before the show.  I ordered a Decaf Espresso and we got a Chocolate Brownie along with their Salted Caramel Macaroons.  I've had a couple Macaroons in my life but nothing like these that were dusted in 24 Carat-Gold.  Now I knew we were in Beverly Hills.  Such a perfect bite and compliment to my Espresso in addition to my fabulous company :)

Talk about a a day of Dining, it certainly was, and a Food Day I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment