Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sunny and 75...or 85.

It's March and we're getting some 85 degree days here in LA.  For most people that means plenty of beach days but since I'm much more a pool person (and have one at my apartment), I tend to enjoy the day getting some work done and then taking a dip in the pool after catching some rays or getting in a work-out more.  Why not go to the beach?  Well, number one, I am DEATHLY afraid of birds.  No joke.  They scare the crap out of me and everywhere you look, they're surrounding you, especially at the beach.  Most people bring food to the beach and what does that attract?  Birds.  Second, parking is always a pain.  If you can even find it and then you're paying an arm and a leg.  We spent $40 just to park near Venice Beach a couple weeks ago.  That's a nice enjoyable lunch and drinks for two people!  Lastly, sand...it ends up everywhere.  I dumped my beach bag in my shower when I got home and I found sand in my bathroom for a week!  Enough with my complaining about my 'beach problems' because at the end of the day, it's an absolutely gorgeous wonder that I do enjoy on certain occasions.
Jamie & I at the Beach in Venice

That brings me to Spark's Birthday a couple weeks ago which started in West LA at Jamie and Spark's apartment for Brunch and Mimosa's with friends.  They had picked up some fruit and other snacks as well as Apple Fritters and Cinnamon Buns (Crack Buns because you won't be able to put it down, seriously) from C&M Cafe and they both were absolutely to die for!  Kalissa is a genius and if you haven't eaten there yet, you are definitely missing out.  She's got great sandwiches and breakfast options, everything from Pastrami to Vegetarian choices, and all that's in between, including sides, drinks, and desserts.  I've eaten quite a few items from the menu and loved or liked all of them!  She just started doing her Grandmother's cookie recipe and it's one of the best cookies I have EVER had.

After we had Brunch we headed to the beach, paid for our $40 parking space, and set up in Venice.  It was a perfect day, not too hot but just right to enjoy the sun without having to get into the very cold Pacific Ocean to cool off.  Once everyone else arrived we got a friendly game of Flag Football started.  I had thrown the Football around with some of Spark's friends and it had been far too long since I've done that because my arm was sore for days after!  I love running routes and doing the passing tree in the park; it's a great work-out and a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon after watching Football :)  Our team was winning at half-time so we took a little break for the teams to re-coup, grab some drinks and snacks, and welcome the newcomers.  
Winning at Half-Time during the Spark Bowl :)
Since I had to Bartend at Bar Lubitsch that night, I had to leave early but I was so glad that I went.  Spending the day with some awesome people, looking at gorgeous scenery, and playing Football, was totally worth my sand-covered bathroom, beach traffic, and just a few birds that we ran into.  In fact, I'm excited for our next Beach Excursion.  Who am I?!

*You can find more about C&M Cafe on their website right here: http://www.cmcafela.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment