Friday, March 6, 2015

Wifey's Birthday!!

I've known Meggan since college at Winona State University.  She was also involved in Theater and we got cast as a lesbian couple in "The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told."  It was one of the best acting experiences of my life and our friendship is a result of that wonderful show that brought our entire cast together.

Stout Burger.  Need it now.
Meggan lives in Portland with her boyfriend, Nick, who is from Los Angeles.  Meggan lived here in LA for a few years, we caused some trouble and had a lot of fun together and a couple years ago they picked up and moved to Portland.  They do come down for visits and decided her Birthday weekend would be one of them.  I missed her the last time she was in town so there was no way I was going to miss this opportunity!

Meggan & I at her Birthday Party!
We made plans to have Lunch at Stout in Santa Monica.  It was so exciting to see my 'Wife' and just catch up with her and Nick.  He's got his own bar in Portland, The Richmond Bar, that's causing quite a stir with it's awesomeness!  The Burger was amazing but the company was better.  We all walked around Santa Monica for a little bit but Nick went to run some errands so she could get a manicure and we could have girl time.  Since I was reading in Church and then had work so I didn't think I was going to be able to make her actual Birthday Party and wanted to spend as much time with her as possible.

Lucky for me, I swapped things around and was able to surprise her at the party.  The party had a Mariachi Band, two bars, were serving food that was catered from Gjelina, and was at this beautiful home in Venice.  I think the kids at this party were wearing clothes that cost more than my rent ;)  I even talked to Emmanuelle Chriqui for a minute!  All the boys in college had a huge crush on her during her "Entourage" days so I was even having a moment.  Meggan's cousin also lives in LA and brought his guitar so later on we all gathered in a Tee-Pee (yes, there was a Tee Pee at this party) and he played some acoustic music for us.  It was so cool!

I was glad to be able to catch up and spend the day with her while she was here in LA for a short amount of time.  Even if we don't talk all that often, we never miss a beat and are right on track with each other.  She will always be my 'Wifey' and I'll always love her <3  Miss you already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment