Saturday, April 4, 2015

March Karaoke

Since we re-opened 'Thenardier's Inn' with CAC Studios on Thursday nights I've had to be a little more easy on my voice with Karaoke on Wednesday nights.  We actually had some great Karaoke nights and my Mom was in town the last week in March so it was a really fun month!

The Ronettes "Be My Baby"
Eric Carmen "Hungry Eyes"
Bush "Comedown"
Pat Benatar "Invincible"
Linda Ronstadt "It's So Easy"
Natalie Merchant "Jealousy"
Jekyll & Hyde "No One Knows Who I Am"

Pat Benatar "We Belong"
Foo Fighters "Everlong"
Rent "Another Day"
Britney Spears "Baby One More Time"

Fleetwood Mac "Dreams"
Bon Jovi "You Give Love A Bad Name"
Linda Ronstadt "Just One Look"
Lauryn Hill "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You"
Jewel "You Were Meant For Me"
Guns & Roses "November Rain"

Fiona Apple "Criminal"
Pat Benatar "Promises in the Dark"
Edwin McCain "I'll Be"
The Little Mermaid "Part Of Your World"
Bread "Make It With You"

Week one I started with a little 'Dirty Dancing' super-set and then went into my new song of the night "Comedown" by Bush which actually went really well.  I also tried to add some more new music to my history so I brought in some Linda Ronstadt the past few weeks.  My new song the second week was "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters, and that is a difficult song to Karaoke.  It starts so low but gets really high, of course, Dave Grohl's incredible voice!  I'll have to figure out the right key for that one for next time.  Then it was duets for the rest of the night.  I kept it 80's and 90's the third week with my new song being "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" doing Lauryn Hill's version.  It's a little more fun and do-wop.  Our final week of March Karaoke, my Mom was there, so I had a bunch of friends stop in to visit with her and sing, so my new song was Bread's "Make It With You."  Mom had never heard me sing "I'll Be" or "Part Of Your World" and Jamie and I also sang "Take Me Or Leave Me" from 'Rent.'

It was a great month of Karaoke and since April marks my four year anniversary of Hosting Karaoke at Gabe's we'll be doing something special and have a Theme Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment