Saturday, April 25, 2015

Break Room 86

It's kind of nice to have off on Friday nights so I'm actually able to see what kind of nightlife that LA has to offer since I prefer to stay in my little bubble when I normally go out during the week.  It's easy to pop into Gabe's if I'm on the West Side or stop in at Lubitsch if I'm in Hollywood but the places in between are the ones that make the night interesting!

Ash & I at Break Room 86
Ashley had told me about this new 80's Bar that opened up in Koreatown a few weeks ago so I met up with her and Jake at Break Room 86, and thanks to Aamil (one of our awesome guys who used to work at Lubitsch) who was working Security there I was able to bypass the long line of people and get into the bar to meet up with my friends with no problem.  They were playing 80's music, there were 80's music videos on the TV's and everyone was dressed in the style as well.  To top it all off, every hour on the hour there were performances, that included hip hop and break-dancers, a Michael Jackson look-a-like, and then girls dressed like they were from 'Flashdance' dancing to Pat Benatar.  The dance breaks were definitely a hi-light of the night.  I started off with a Cherry Chapstick drink that tasted just like it's name and we were able to take a seat at a table above the main area.  There were separate rooms for Karaoke, private and social, and you actually entered into the bar through a back entrance and went though a kitchen area and then exited out a different door when you left.  It had that Speakeasy vibe about it.  

Dance Break.
Raph decided to meet us out after a little persuading and with the whole gang together, we enjoyed a fun night out!  Ash and I actually got some light-up 'Minnie Mouse' type ears and we bounced around on the dance floor and belted out some 80's tunes.  The DJ even took requests and played some Erasure to Ashley's delight!  I didn't get any Pat Benatar from him but there were plenty of songs to dance to!  We had gone out over the first weekend of Coachella so the bar wasn't too busy which was nice.  Although, I'm not sure we would have the same experience if we didn't have somewhere to sit or if the bar was packed with people.  Next time, I'll have to make sure to play some Pac Man since they have a bunch of old-school arcade games along one wall!

Overall, we had a really fun night checking out a new bar on a side of town I rarely go to!  Break Room 86 can be found at The Line Hotel in K-Town!  If you're looking for something fun and different to do in LA, it's definitely a great spot to check out :)
Our 'Saved By The Bell' Cast Photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment