Sunday, June 7, 2015

Road Trip to Phoenix! Part 1.

Sometimes you just need to get out of LA...stop and smell the roses and enjoy a little mini-vacation!  My family comes to visit a couple times a year and we usually take a road trip somewhere and I also go home a couple times a year to visit family and friends so that's a nice break from LA and I always come back refreshed and rejuvenated.  So I was stoked when Brad and I decided to drive to Phoenix and spend a couple days with his family and relax in the sun :)

The drive took just over five hours and we rocked out to Incubus' new album, along with some greatest hits, Tom Petty, Smashing Pumpkins, and more.  Our first stop was Todd & Carley's to say hello to them and so that I could meet Maylen for the first time!  She was nearly five months old and absolutely adorable.  In fact, the entire time we were around her for the three days we were there she cried only once.  Maylen is by far one of the best babies I've ever been around and getting to play with her was an absolute joy.

Lunch at a Triple D Restaurant!
Brad, his parents and I went to DeFalco's the next day for Lunch because it was on 'Diner's Drive-In's & Dives.'  We ordered Gnocchi, a Prime Rib Cheese Steak, home-made Sausage, and a Calzone.  It was a lot of food but we ate nearly everything because it was all so good!  My favorite was definitely the Cheese Steak; melted cheese goodness, with steak, onions, and mushrooms.

That afternoon we all decided to go to the Phoenix Zoo which was so much fun!  Although, I was a little scared of the vultures that could fly around in the bird area, thank goodness we got to look at snakes in between; I was far less scared of them.  We must have caught the animals right after Lunch because a bunch of them were napping but the otters gave us a good show so that was neat to see.  The best part of the Zoo was doing the Giraffe Edventure and getting to feed Makope and be up close with her.  It was one of the best Zoo moments I've had in my life!

Since we didn't get to see any Bears or Sharks at the Zoo we ended the night with a Documentary called 'Bears.' It's narrated by John C Reilley and one of my favorite documentaries to date.  I kind of want John C Reilley to narrate my life...it was absolutely hilarious and if you haven't seen it, I certainly recommend it!
Feeding Makope at the Phoenix Zoo!
Part 2 of our Road Trip to Phoenix continues below...

No comments:

Post a Comment