Sunday, June 7, 2015

Road Trip to Phoenix! Part 2.

Maylen loved the Go-Pro!
Brad and I spent Tuesday with Maylen and his parents but not before grabbing Lunch at Erbert's & Gerbert's!  It's my favorite sandwich place in Wisconsin and Minnesota (thanks to Jeff for reminding us their was one in Tempe) and great to get a little taste of home out in Arizona.  I got my usual Narmer, Brad got the same, along with some Broccoli Cheddar soup.  After spending the afternoon in and out of the pool it was time to get a little exercise.  Brad and I went on a long hike; I got us lost for a little bit (I'm usually really good with directions) but we made our way up the giant mountain and then back down in about an hour so it wasn't too bad.  And the view was certainly worth it!

She's such a cute lil' nugget!!
That night we had Dinner with Todd, Carly, baby Maylen, Brad and his parents at Pappadeaux which Brad's Dad has been telling him about for months.  It was one of my favorite seafood meals to date, not to mention, the company was wonderful.  We started with a Lump Crab and Spinach Dip (holy cow, this was fantastic, and I'm usually not a fan of Spinach Dip) and the Hot Smoked Salmon which was also really good.  Next up was an awesome Greek Salad and then came the main course.  I got the Chilean Seabass that had a cheesy crab gratin on top along with brussels sprouts.  It was so amazing I just kept eating even though I was full!  We didn't have any room for dessert but we had some after-dinner drinks and headed home.  

Brad's Mom and Dad had told me that when you're out hiking at night you can see scorpions with a blacklight, so after we got home, we went in search of some scorpions.  We found one about five minutes into our hike...woo hoo!  Sure enough, it did glow in the dark under the blacklight and I was happy we didn't have to go too far into the hike to find one!

Wednesday morning we all went to Waffle House (it's tradition at this point when I'm in Arizona) for Breakfast!  Always delicious and kept us full on our drive back to LA!  I was bummed to be heading back to LA after such a nice vacation but knew it was back to work for me so we jammed out all the way back home, saying goodbye to fabulous Arizona!
Overlooking the Canals in Scottsdale, Arizona
I'm seriously in love with Arizona.  I LOVE the weather, even if I haven't been there in the dead of Summer when it's ridiculously hot, I feel like there's so many other positives about it.  There's so much to do, and even living in a suburb you're close to all the cities.  There are so many different stadiums and sporting events to go and see and I always feel safe when I'm there.  It's definitely a place I would move to!

*Special thanks to Harry & Nancy for taking such great care of us while we were there and for always giving me such a warm welcome!  Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment