Friday, April 15, 2016

Vintage Mom

After losing my Mom in December, I wanted to do something to honor her and keep her wonderful spirit and incredible fashion sense alive.  I've always loved her clothes and was amazed at all the styles she tried and how tiny she was.  I remember trying on clothes in high school that fit me and were almost a little snug!  I was really happy to go through her clothes and re-vamp them a little to be worn today.  Don't get me wrong, some items will be forever gone; all the huge shoulder pads, high-waisted baggy jeans, jumpers, and bulky sweaters have a place in my heart but not in my closet.  So here I take this journey and share with everyone to remember the special woman that she was!
This new series is called 'Vintage Mom' and will include my personal stories about the items I've found after going through my Mom's clothes.  Some of these items are over 30 years old.  This first post is from when I was back in Wisconsin in January.  It was 22 degrees outside, so Mom's olive green long-sleeved top was comfy and casual; it was perfect for me for Church (although she would have thought it wasn't "nice" enough for Church) and adding a pair of earrings I bought for Mom a couple years ago made the outfit.  I gave her the earrings for Christmas and I can still remember the smile on her face and how much she loved them!

My suitcases were packed to the brim so I'll continue to do more 'Vintage Mom' posts for as long as I can!  Special thanks to my Mom for inspiring me on this journey <3

No comments:

Post a Comment