Wednesday, April 6, 2016

March Karaoke

We had quite the busy month at Karaoke, lots of friends coming in, lots of regulars, and some newbies as well.  I also sang some new artists that were really fun and look forward to diversifying my artist selection!

Pat Benatar 'Treat Me Right'
Madonna 'Like A Virgin'
Mandy Moore 'Only Hope'
Adele 'One & Only'
Whitney Houston 'I Will Always Love You'

Smashing Pumpkins 'Disarm'
Sheryl Crow 'If It Makes You Happy'
The Police 'Every Breath You Take'

3 Doors Down 'It's Not My Time'
No Doubt 'Just A Girl'
Oasis 'Wonderwall'
Amy Winehouse 'You Know I'm No Good'

Lifehouse 'Hanging By A Moment'
JenniferWarnes 'Time Of My Life'
Nickelback 'How You Remind Me'
Tonic 'If You Could Only See'
Kim Wilde 'Keep Me Hanging On'
Dishwalla 'Counting Blue Cars'
Amy Winehouse 'Back To Black'

Fleetwood Mac 'Rhiannon'
The Beatles 'Come Together'
Rick Astley 'Never Gonna Give You Up'
Whitesnake 'Is This Love' 

That first week my voice was feeling stronger after being on antibiotics for my sinus infection for two weeks so I did 'Only Hope' by Mandy Moore and also sang some of my favorite Adele and Whitney Houston songs.  The next week at Karaoke it was really busy so I only sang a couple times and Adam had suggested I sing Sheryl Crow's 'If It Makes You Happy.'  I've sang Sheryl before but that was a new song for me and she's always a fun one to sing.  I love 3 Doors Down so my new song in the third week was 'It's Not My Time' and once again we had a pretty busy week.  The following week was really slow with a really quick rotation so everyone sang quite a bit.  I opened with my new song that night which was 'Hanging By A Moment' by Lifehouse.  I always forget about them and they're such a great band so I'll have to try some more songs from them.  Last week my new song was The Beatles 'Come Together' because Jamie and I had heard it while we were at Dinner and I thought I would try it.  It went really well and I had a blast singing it!  I also did a Rick Astley song which might have been a new one as well.

April marks five years of Hosting Karaoke at Gabe's so we'll be celebrating next week!  I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by and how much I love going into Gabe's not just to Host Karaoke on a weekly basis but stop by to sing on my nights off, or visit Aimee while she's working, or take someone out to enjoy a relaxing evening at one of my favorite bars :)

No comments:

Post a Comment