Monday, March 28, 2016

Magic: The Gathering

In the past couple months, more and more people have been telling me to get into Voiceover.  I never thought my voice was anything special, low, maybe a little bit husky, and raspy, even though I don't smoke cigarettes.  In acting class, on set, random people I meet in the bar, I've been hearing it on a regular basis and lucky for me, I was able to put my voice to good use a week ago in the recording studio when I got cast for a story version of "Magic: The Gathering!"
Nathan, Lauren, Austin & I in the booth for 'Magic: The Gathering'
Thresa (who brought me in for this project) and I had met when we were in Creating Arts Company's Children's Show in December 2013.  We were cast in 'Babes In Toyland' alongside Nathan and Lauren whom were also cast in this voiceover project.  Nathan's roommate, Austin, rounded out the CAC crew, as we sat in the recording booth excited to be working on this really fun story led by Shaun who knows everything there is know about the Magic card game.

As we got further into the script, I got more and more excited, wanting to know what was going to happen, what was coming for us?  I'm doing the voice for Halana and I like to describe her as a cross between Lara Croft and Katniss Everdeen; she's this badass huntress who fights evil with her close friend, Alena.  Together they're trying to protect the people of the town, Ulvenwald, against anything bad.
That's a wrap for 'Magic: The Gathering!'
Now we're all just waiting to hear if the project gets picked up and turned into a weekly thing which would be an absolute blast!  I like to keep myself busy with all sorts of projects with voiceover being a new venture for me and I look forward to doing more work like this!  Thanks to our entire awesome crew that day...it wouldn't have been such a breeze if it weren't for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment