Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February Karaoke

We may have gotten an extra day in February with it being a Leap Year this year, but it still meant there were only four weeks of Karaoke this month!  It was really slow at the beginning of the month but every week following that was extremely busy so I took a little break from singing.  It was a welcome break since I've had a cold for a few weeks that turned into a Sinus Infection and now that I've got some antibiotics I'm hoping to be ready to go for Karaoke next week!

Pat Benatar "Heartbreaker"
Journey "Lights"
Staind "It's Been A While"
Goo Goo Dolls "Name"
Cyndi Lauper "Time After Time"
Seether "Careless Whisper"
Tracy Chapman "Give Me One Reason"
3 Doors Down "Here Without You"
Shania Twain "Any Man Of Mine"
Jewel "Foolish Games"

Tonic "You Wanted More"
Mandy Moore "Candy"
Britney Spears "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman"

Fleetwood Mac "Dreams"
The Cars "Just What I Needed"
Melissa Etheridge "I'm The Only One"

Tonic "You Wanted More"
Badfinger "No Matter What"
Phantom of the Opera "All I Ask Of You" 
Joan Osbourne "One Of Us"

Since the first week was so slow, Jamie, Adam, Crosby and I were able to sing quite a bit.  My new song that night was "Name" by the Goo Goo Dolls.  It was my Mom's favorite Goo Goo Dolls song so I was happy to sing it in her honor.  I was also prepping for the Broadway Cabaret Show at Three Clubs that weekend so I practiced Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" and also sang Seether's "Careless Whisper" (not for the Cabaret Show) which I love the rock edge to their version.  On the second week we had a little CAC Reunion so it was really busy and my new song that night was Britney Spears "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman."  It's not my favorite Britney song but it works well for my voice and was actually fun to sing.  Since I had started to lose my voice after Valentine's Day I stuck with The Cars "Just What I Needed" so I could sing-talk through the song.  I will sing that song again for sure since it's a classic!  Last week was busy as well and since I was still sounding like a turtle on and off throughout the week I decided on "No Matter What" by Badfinger; a song I remember listening to in the car with my family when we'd be on our way to Wisconsin Dells in the Summer.  I loved singing it and will certainly come back to it!  Adam and I also sang "All I Ask Of You" from 'Phantom of the Opera' and surprisingly, since my sinuses were draining, I was able to get into my head voice and hit some of the higher notes.  Perhaps getting my deviated septum fixed is far more important to my singing and voice than I thought it was!  That was also a new song for the night for me...woo!

I'm looking forward to a far healthier month, as I've been on anti-biotics since Thursday, and have my sense of taste and smell back for the first time in a week!  I'm hoping to do another theme towards the end of the month so I'm welcoming and ideas from my Karaoke regulars :)

No comments:

Post a Comment