Friday, August 5, 2016

July Karaoke!

Talk about a heatwave in July here in LA!  I think people didn't want to leave their air-conditioned homes to come out to Karaoke because we had a couple fairly quiet weeks.  We still had a lot of fun so thanks to my friends and regulars for joining the party weekly!

Badfinger - 'No Matter What' 
Maroon 5 - 'She Will Be Loved'
Norah Jones - 'Don't Know Why' 
Kim Wilde - 'Keep Me Hanging On'
"The Little Mermaid" - 'Part of Your World' 
Pat Benatar - 'Love is a Battlefield'

The Eagles - 'I Can't Tell You Why'
The Supremes - 'Baby Love'
Dion - 'Runaround Sue' 
Jann Arden - 'Insensitive'
Oasis - 'Wonderwall'

Edwin McCain - 'I'll Be'
Jewel - 'Who Will Save Your Soul'
Judy Garland - 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'
Toni Braxton - 'Unbreak My Heart'

Shania Twain - 'Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under'
Cheap Trick - 'I Want You to Want Me'
Amy Winehouse - 'Rehab'
3 Doors Down - 'Here Without You'
Adele - 'To Make You Feel My Love'


That first week in July, my Dad and brother went back to Wisconsin and it was just a couple days after Fourth of July so I think it was a little slower because of that.  I wanted to add some music to my History so I did a couple songs I hadn't sang in a while and my new song was 'She Will Be Loved' by Maroon 5.  That next week we had a Super-Set to start the night with some Eagles music.  I kept it classic for the first couple rounds and my new song was Dion's 'Runaround Sue' that always makes me want to dance!  During the third week in July I was prepping for a Princess Show that weekend so I wanted to take it easy on my voice but also practice my song for that weekend, so my new song was 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow.'  It was nice to be able to prep it, and thanks to some vocal tips from Dan and my fellow cast-mates I was able to go out there and make them proud!  We had another quiet week at the end of the month but we also had another Super-Set of Amy Winehouse music, and I think we sang every song we had in our Karaoke List from her!  It was also my first time singing 'Rehab,' which seems crazy since it was such a popular song.  

I'm looking forward to the month of August when the students are getting back to school and hopefully the bar will pick up a little more!  In the meantime, my friends and the regulars can sing all night long, and I don't think there are any complaints there ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment