Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Vintage Mom (Part 4)

I brought Vintage Mom to Afterbuzz about a month ago when I had to Host for our 'Real Housewives of New York' Aftershow!  It was a show that Mom had started to watch because I was talking about it at Afterbuzz and she wanted to know what we were talking about.  Needless to say, she was in for a wild ride!

I felt a little bit like Jane from 'Tarzan' with this Safari-vibe outfit but it was perfect for the hot Summer day up in Burbank.  Mom wore the coral tank all the time under shirts or sweaters and the cream vest occasionally during the Summer.  When I had been home in Wisconsin after she passed and gone through her closet, these still smelled like her normal laundry detergent because she had worn them more recently.  When I'm back in Wisconsin I like to wear her perfume and it makes me feel a little closer to her.
It's hard to drive to Afterbuzz because on that long drive I would call Mom to ask how her day had been and talk about mine.  Sometimes I'd even call her on the way home to hear what she thought about the most recent episode of 'RHONY' because she actually got into the show, as ridiculous as it was.  I'm not saying she enjoyed it, but she had an opinion and it was nice to hear her perspective.  I always miss talking to her; I wish I could hear her respond to the things I'm saying or asking.  I know that she is responding in her own way but I wish I could hear her actual voice.  Thankfully, my friends and my Dad have stepped up to the plate and I chat with them while I'm driving now and that certainly helps!

Not only am I wearing Mom's clothes but I'm wearing things that she's bought me over the years and it's a really wonderful feeling knowing she's with me all the time <3

No comments:

Post a Comment