Monday, February 6, 2017

My First Dinner Party :)

I always plan an extended vacation back to Wisconsin for Christmas and I was also home for New Year's this year.  When I came back I wanted to do something fun for some of my closest friends because I'm thankful for these wonderful people in my life. 

This beautiful Wedge Salad courtesy of Kristina!
I had frozen a Burgandy Spoon Roast the day before I left Wisconsin and also picked up a bunch of my favorite Wisconsin cheeses.  I found the recipe for my Mom's Cheesy Potatoes and with Kristina staying with me, she was helping prep everything as well.  We had an amazing Wedge Salad with all the fixings including a Blue Cheese dressing from scratch, thanks to Kristina.  It was absolutely beautiful.  Adam brought an appetizer and Specialty Beer, Aimee & Andy brought Champagne and Wine, Giana brought a side dish, and Rachel brought a Chicken Salad.  My Spoon Roast turned out great although my gravy wasn't my best, I did do my Cilantro Pesto from scratch (having leftovers for weeks) and also made rolls.  We were all full by the time we were done! 

We had a full on feast from beginning to end and I even popped a Dessert Wine I had bought in Solvang on my last trip with my Family.  It only came once we made it through all the Champagne, White & Red Wine and Beer.  No Dinner Party at my place would be complete without a Game Night!  Loaded Questions was a great game to play with all my friends and have some laughs.
Flowers, Cheese & Crackers, and Glasses prepped for the Party!
To make things even more special, I was able to use the Silverware my Mom had bought me years ago.  I had never needed to have service for eight so it was the perfect time to put them to use.  My first Dinner Party was a success thanks to my friends, and I can't wait to throw another one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment