Saturday, June 17, 2017

May Karaoke

After getting back from New York, I knew I'd be jumping into rehearsals for "Nothing Bad - A Werewolf Rock Musical" for the upcoming Fringe Festival in June.  We were finishing up Season 12 of "Supernatural" and just delving into "Real Housewives of New York" at Afterbuzz TV so May was a crazy busy month!
Celebrating a successful
'Supernatural' season at Gabe's
with Mario!

Pat Benatar - 'Heartbreaker'
Shania Twain - 'Any Man of Mine'
Sara Bareilles - 'She Used to be Mine'
No Doubt - 'Spiderwebs'

Destiny's Child - 'Say My Name'
Rihanna - 'Umbrella'
En Vogue - 'Don't Let Go'

Nancy Sinatra - 'These Boots are Made for Walking'
Journey - 'Separate Ways'
Pat Benatar - 'Promises in the Dark'
Dido - 'White Flag'

The Eurythmics - 'Sweet Dreams'
Cassadee Pope - 'Wasting All These Tears on You
Dolly Parton - 'Jolene'
Natalie Merchant - 'Jealousy'
Les Miserables - 'I Dreamed a Dream'

The first week back at Karaoke I had to sing 'She Used to be Mine' by Sara Bareilles after seeing her perform the week before in "Waitress" on Broadway.  I love the song so much and the lyrics are just incredible.  Surprisingly, my new song in that second week was 'Umbrella' by Rihanna which has been around for forever.  I kept it an R&B night singing Destiny's Child and my favorite En Vogue song.  I sang some fun songs in the third week and my new song was Dido's 'White Flag.'  As I no longer had 16 hour Thursday's and now 10 hour Wednesday's, I even went out to get a late night bite with Kenni and Ace that night.  The closing week of May was an all-female week.  My new song was Cassadee Pope's 'Wasting All These Tears on You' which I'm glad I took down one full note; it was much better for my voice.  Since Kenni was there we decided to close out with our Musical songs. 

As it's already half-way through June and I've been busy with Fringe, Karaoke has also been busy and fun!  Since it's my Birthday month we'll be celebrating that soon enough ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment