Tuesday, July 11, 2017

"Nothing Bad - A Werewolf Rock Musical"

We closed out our final show of "Nothing Bad - A Werewolf Rock Musical" at the Hollywood Fringe Festival the last weekend in June.  My Dad was in town to see our final show and we sold out most of our performances which as a new theater was so exciting!

"Nothing Bad" was ranked one of the Top 5 Musicals to see at the Fringe Festival this year and also a 'Pick of the Fringe.'  Our small cast of 10 people really brought it and Erik Blair created a really great script and show.  Dan Sugimoto wrote the music for the show which was a mix of 50's and 80's rock and SO catchy. Thea Rivera was Producing and doing pretty much anything she could to promote the show and make sure that we had people in the seats.  It was a success on all levels.
'Nothing bad happens here, nothing bad that we can see or hear and we've been living here all our lives!'
I play Mayor White, the Mayor of the town who holds a dark secret I don't share until the end of the show.  We've got a couple different stories going on throughout the show that all tie together.  I was so glad Rachel decided to join the show because I had a buddy at rehearsals and I couldn't have done my part without her.  She helped me run-lines before every show and supported me when I felt over-whelmed with everything going on.  Thanks so much, Rach <3

We found out we did get a Fringe Extension Award and I hope at some point my friends who couldn't come to see the show while the festival was going on but wanted to will be able to check it out in the future.

I also got my first ever review, and it was a positive one!  I love what I do but it's really great to hear that other people enjoy your performance and portrayal as well.  It feels really nice when someone waits for you after the show to tell you how much they loved my character.  You can read one of the reviews here: Indie Voice Blog
Mayor White in Perfection, California
Unfortunately we weren't able to pick-up an extension date because our whole cast wasn't available for any of the specific dates they had but this is certainly not the end for "Nothing Bad!"  Thanks to the cast and crew of our show.  This was a different role for me to play and I really enjoyed the challenge of playing such a strong-willed, very political character with a wild turn-around.  You were right, Erik ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment