Monday, July 10, 2017

June Karaoke

This was the first year I didn't celebrate my Birthday at Gabe's for Karaoke!  With 'Nothing Bad' performances for the Fringe Festival and my Dad being in town, there was just too much going on to have a specific night to have one too many drinks ;)  It was still a great month of Karaoke and I'll have a Theme Night soon and that's always a good time!

The Supremes - 'Baby Love' 
Mary Wells - 'My Guy'
Tim McGraw & Faith Hill - 'Like We Never Loved at All'

Madonna - 'Vogue'
Quarterflash - 'Harden my Heart'
Moulin Rouge - 'Come What May'
Jewel - 'You Were Meant for Me'

Fleetwood Mac - 'Go Your Own Way'
Badfinger - 'No Matter What'
Blondie - 'Heart of Glass'
Janis Joplin - Piece of my Heart'

Fleetwood Mac - 'Dreams'
Dixie Chicks - 'If I Fall, You're Going Down With Me' 
Lynyrd Skynyrd - 'Sweet Home Alabama'
Ciara - 'One, Two Step'

I've been singing a lot of songs lately that I haven't done in a while so that first week my new song was 'My Guy' by Mary Wells.  A song that one of our Karaoke regulars always used to sing.  It's a fun little song but I really missed singing 'Like We Never Loved At All.'  Gary and I sang that duet and he knew all the harmonies so that was great to sing with him!  The second week I opened with 'Vogue' by Madonna and it's definitely a song I'll do again.  Dad was visiting me the third week so he picked out my first song and my new song that night.  I did Blondie's 'Heart of Glass' which was a nice little change of pace.  He actually sang twice that night with a little help from Adam and Khad on his first song, 'In My Life' by The Beatles and then sang 'She's Everything' by Brad Paisley solo!  I was so proud of him honoring my Mom.  As June came to a close, I tried out 'Sweet Home Alabama' by Lynyrd Skynyrd and changed just a few of the lyrics to be a little cheeky ;) I also closed with Ciara, an artist I love singing!

We're already half-way through the year which means this is a great time to come check out Karaoke during the low-key Summer months!  Gabe's is located at 2965 S. Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064.  Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment