Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What's for Lunch? Part 2.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am definitely a girl from Wisconsin and Cheese should have it's own Food Group.  I'm always searching for amazing Grilled Cheese and have grown up eating some of the best from the Sheboygan County Fair, to my Mom's, and the Grilled Cheese Truck in LA.  I decided to do a fun spin on a classic Grilled Cheese!

Avocado & Swiss Grilled Cheese
2 Pieces of Bread
1 Slice Swiss Cheese
1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbsp Mozzarella Cheese
6 Thin Slices of Avocado
1/4 Cup Arugula
Butter or Margarine

LOVE!
Start off by heating your Frying Pan and put down one of the slices of bread, buttered side to the pan.  I only butter the grilling side (my Dad would load both ;)...DAD!) and then I put the Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese down so it starts to melt and makes the flip later, easier.  Next, lay your arugula and cover it with the Swiss Cheese and put the Avocado on next.  Then cover the sandwich with the second piece of bread, buttered side up.  Essentially, you only want to flip the Grilled Cheese once, so it's all about timing and that's different with every stove and every pan, so you'll have to figure out the perfect timing for you to get that beautiful golden color.  After the flip and once the other side is golden put that amazing Sandwich on a plate and enjoy! 
 
This was by far one of the best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches I've ever made.  All the different Cheeses worked well together, the Arugula brought a nice kick, and the Avocado was a healthy add-in that blended perfectly with the Cheese.  Overall, a fun little treat for myself, creating a gourmet Sandwich right at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment